5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
* Supervision of 10-20 hourly employees.
* Responsible for Directing and managing the manufacturing operations in a composite layup, cure and surface finish related fabrication.
* Daily coordination with other team leaders, support personnel, direct reports, and management on value stream activities and requirements.
* Leading and coaching a large multi-skilled team with emphasis on Safety, Compliance, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Works proactively in addressing potential issues and applies real-time problem solving skills when working towards resolution.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work with a strong focus on meeting the customer expectations.
* Create an atmosphere of mutual trust & respect between all members of the team and support personnel.
* Ability to provide clear vision to the team of what the organization needs to ensure success as well as create an environment in which people are involved, included, and have a sense of ownership.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* Prefer three years of manufacturing experience in a leadership/supervisory role
* Must be familiar with job shop practice and procedures and have a working knowledge of manufacturing operations. Experience in Aerospace and/or DoD production is preferred. Knowledge of Composite Manufacturing and new product introduction experience is highly preferred.
* Must be willing and able to work under pressure, take on multiple tasks in stressful situations such as late night shipping, year-end goals and coordination of employees to ensure on time delivery of products and services.
* Have lead or participated in multiple lean/Continuous Improvement (CI) events. Must possess a good knowledge and understanding of Lean tools used to manage assembly operations, i.e., % load, Standard Work, RTPR, 5s, etc. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills. (Use of A3 preferred)
* Demonstrated ability to use hand and power tools along with various measuring equipment, i.e. calipers, micrometers, etc.
* Previous performance appraisal and counseling experience. Must have ability to have effective crucial conversations with direct reports. Ability to demonstrate managerial courage when the situation requires it. Understanding and application of concepts related to situational management and day-to-day coaching is highly desirable. Must be open and approachable, willing to listen before making decisions
* Must have computer skills including proficient at Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and SAP. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to present and speak clearly in a team setting.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English language.
* Must be able to travel occasionally for training and/or customer service duties.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred with three (3) years manufacturing leadership experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.