3 months ago
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
The Peshtigo, WI facility is looking for an experienced production planner/scheduler to join their team. This person is a vital part of our team as they play an important role in making sure the facility’s production orders and purchase requisitions are released to support production and building quality products. This role will collaborate with other departments to review inventory demand for the site and ensure delivery dates are determined accurately to maintain customer satisfaction.
As a senior production planner/scheduler you will:
* Plan, schedule and release work orders and requisitions for all materials assigned in order to meet the demand of the customer and maximize production productivity.
* Coordinating production workflow for multiple products over multiple lines of production
* Plans and establishes production schedules. Monitors materials inventories, tracks the progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules.
* Analyzes and reports on actual customer demand, trends, and forecasts, and adjusts capacity plans accordingly
* Aide in the implementation of MRP planning strategies for responsible production families; generate standard work and training materials.
* Implement Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system optimization by utilizing Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) for responsible production families.
* Participate in the materials and production team members in achieving Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets.
* Participate in value stream daily walks and proactively work to resolve problems that arise related to material or work in process (WIP) issues.
* Works directly with the value stream material coordinators who perform material handling and transactions. Support cycle count activities and lead improvement discussions and actions.
* Promote and participate in the use of lean techniques and practices to eliminate waste and achieve objectives.
* Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
* Prepare demand schedule based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines
* Assemble reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan.
* Provide input to the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process, concerning incoming volume and capacity
* Identify currently planned level of demand and create tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand.
* Manage load leveling and bottleneck scheduling and utilize best practices for more accurate scheduling.
* Analyze production floor status through review of work order schedule/start & due dates.
* Communicate with cross-functional teams on service, quality, inventory, and material movement.
* Define and manage standard WIP and inventory levels by implementing and maintaining Kanban and FIFO systems to control the release of material and WIP to and from all responsible areas.
* Determine available capacity before planned orders are released.
* At least 3 years of related experience
* Experience implementing and using ERP/MRP systems including capacity requirements planning
* Experience working in a high volume manufacturing setting
* Experience planning made-to-stock and made-to-order products with short and long lead times
* APICS Certification and Lean experience preferred
* Experience using various ERP software systems preferredExperience working with PC applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Previous project management experience preferred.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data
* Ability to present to various audiences
* Ability to adapt quickly
* Ability to make decisions
* Team player
* Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited university in a related field such as supply chain, business administration, business management, logistics, materials management, manufacturing or other related fields.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.