12 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Sr. Planner/Master Schedulerin our Machine Products Group, located in Westminster, CA. This division of B/E Aerospace specializes in high-quality, complex components, assemblies, kits, gears, precision and gearbox assemblies, and complex machined parts for commercial and military aerospace applications.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Control Manager will generate the extended production plan for an entire plant and/or an important product line. Responsible for the integration of sales forecasts; budgets; raw, in-process, and finished goods inventories; equipment capacities; and staffing. This is an experienced-level position requiring a thorough understanding of company operations, sales environment, and cost structures.
* Analyzes sales forecasts to determine short- and medium-term requirements for production resources
* (people, materials, equipment, subcontractors).
* Establishes guidelines for delivery time commitments.
* Coordinates preparation of production schedules and material orders.
* Monitors and adjusts schedule to respond to market/production requirements and optimize costs.
* Performs other related duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have demonstrated experience and knowledge of new product planning launches and understand control points and demonstrated successful monitoring methods to ensure product launch meet schedules and customer needs.
* Ensures balanced flow in all areas and sets daily priorities measuring output and adjusting the schedule as required.
* Must be familiar with MRP systems (preferable EPICOR) and know the fundamentals of how they work and how to use them to schedule and plan a business.
* Must work well on a team with other mangers, team leads and lower level employees.
* Under general direction, performs a wide variety of complex planning activities required to attain production objectives.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures and work instructions.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the work force.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Must have excellent organizational skills, strong and founded decision-making and execution skills.
* Familiarity with MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc). Ability to perform basic functions and updates to spreadsheets and word documents.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; and at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Familiarity with EPICOR ERP system.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.