4 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products, employing approximately 41,000 people worldwide with approximate sales of $14.5 billion.
As a Senior Product Quality Engineer, you will:
* Lead and manage Quality Assurance requirements on surveillance products in support of manufacturing, procurement, test, and customer returns areas
* Review surveillance drawings, specifications, and manufacturing operation documents to understand and apply necessary inspections to be conducted and equipment required for inspection of products
* Translate surveillance engineering and system-level functional requirements into inspection requirements for execution by surveillance inspectors and manufacturing technicians
* Identify non-conformances on surveillance products through inspection and other analysis methods and document failed inspection results to be presented for disposition.
* Support Material Review Board (MRB) functions and disposition of surveillance non-conformances as a member of the MRB team, including dimensional, performance, cosmetic, and workmanship issues.
* Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues specifically related to surveillance products.
* Plans and implements research methodology for inspection to apply principles of surveillance theory to engineering projects.
* Conduct evaluation and calibration of surveillance metrology equipment (i.e. autocollimators, alignment telescopes, theodolites, flat mirrors and transmission spheres), calipers, height, grove, thread, and pin gages, image dimension measurement system, and CMM
* Owns, manages, and maintains calibration procedures and surveillance inspection instructions.
* Ensure that our products are manufactured in accordance with the appropriate requirements, internal company standards and current industry standards.
* Experience supporting surveillance products and hardware in a lab/manufacturing/test environment
* Experience with surveillance metrology equipment (autocollimators, interferometers, alignment telescopes, theodolites gages, and calipers)
* ICP-A-610,620, and 7711, J-STD-001 and GD&T preferred
* Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
* Display good judgment in identifying issues and determine when escalation is required for appropriate resolution
* Focus on teamwork and drive for results
* Customer focus. Commitment to continuous improvement
* Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
MUST BE A US CITIZEN
* B.S. degree in Engineering, science or related technical degree OR 6-10 years’ relevant work experience in product and/or process Quality role
* ASQ Certification preferred (CQE)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.