about 1 year ago
Full technical leadership and support to production, creating and driving an action plan to improve quality, productivity and cost in the manufacturing process. Responsible for developing tools, processes and methods to support the introduction of new products, improving product specific manufacturing processes and equipment, and supporting engineering documentation changes for improved manufacturability.
* • Take ownership of new product introduction through manufacturing and test by leading production of prototypes and pre-production samples according to cost and schedule requirements.
* • Evaluate and develop suitable (cost-effective) manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors, clearly identifying requirements to bring new equipment and materials into the facility (power constraints, HSE, pre-start, training, etc.); and soliciting observations from operators and manufacturing personnel.
* • Work in conjunction with Engineering, Purchasing, Quality, Planning, and Program Management to ensure proper industrialization of new products within cost, delivery, and yield guidelines.
* • Work cross-functionally with development team, throughout the development process, to ensure product development is performed in adherence to industrialization methods, including design for manufacturability and test.
* • Attend development design reviews and focus the development team on delivering a product launch that instills the disciplines of lean manufacturing.
* • Monitor, track and initiate reviews of legacy products that have design or documentation related issues that result in less than desirable yields, cost, obsolescence or lead times constraints.
* • Coordinating all part evaluation testing.
* • Create all production-related estimates for bids and product costing estimations, including recurring and non-recurring labour costs.
* • Participate in Production Readiness Review (PRR) tollgates for all new product, equipment and process introductions, including providing updates on manufacturing product efficiencies.
* • Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
* • Evaluate the precision and accuracy of existing manufacturing equipment, engineering drawings, and component compatibility to manufacturing processes to improve production efficiencies.
* • Develop manufacturing methods, labour standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization, recommending methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and facilities.
* • Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* • Work with Manufacturing to establish and document in Traveller and Work Instructions all sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products.
* • Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Engineering and eligible to be licensed by Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
* • 7-10 years process engineering experience in an electronics circuit board + unit assembly environment required
* • Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 8D, PFMEA and other continuous improvement and analytical tools
* • Ability to read and understand electronic schematics and test plans, and conduct diagnostics on electronic circuit boards and units
* • Very strong communication, organizational and planning skills, effective interpersonal skills, analytical problem solving approach, dealing with complexity, informing others, leadership, supervision, hardware specifications, manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development, writing and presenting technical information
* • Proficient in computer software applications such as, MS Office, MS Project, ERP systems, etc.
* • Experience in using CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design tools for PWB layout design
* • Aerospace experience preferred.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.