12 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Develops production plans and master schedules for assembly operations. Conducts material requirements planning (MRP) to ensure a controlled flow for the manufacturing process and availability of all resources required to meet customer/production requirements. Collaborates with the Integrated Product Teams and the respective functional staff to support on-time delivery.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines daily production schedules for area of responsibility based on engineering plans, production specifications, availability of parts and loading requirements. Conducts factory capacity assessments and adjusts schedules for engineering change orders, notices of revision and other delaying conditions and change of scope impacts.
- Oversees and coordinates production plans/schedules to ensure materials and parts are provided on a timely basis to meet scheduling requirements.
- Maintains communications with operations management and Integrated Product Teams regarding the status and progress in meeting production commitments.
- Facilitates the resolution of labor and material shortages, backlogs and other existing and potential production schedule interruptions.
- Conducts advance planning for master schedules based on Integrated Product Team/Business Development forecasts, projections of parts/materials/components availability, and production backlogs.
- Provides operations input and coordination for formal proposals and quotation requests.
- Collaborates with inventory control and production management in analyzing inventory levels and usage, scrap and shrinkage and communicates current and future requirements to the procurement organization.
- Participates in ensuring that procedures and processes adhere to International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements.
- Performs special projects as directed by operations and planning management.
Must have eight or more years' experience in production planning/production control/production scheduling coupled with competencies in capacity requirements planning (CRP), all aspects of manufacturing resource planning (MRP II) and Microsoft Project and Excel. Experience in the Costpoint system preferred. An undergraduate degree in industrial management or its equivalent and certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) by The American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) also preferred.
Astronics Test Systems (Irvine)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.