5 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Payload Concept of Operations Systems Engineer to join a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for airborne and space radar applications. You will be a part of a high performance systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers and senior technologists.
* Develop system and subsystem level operational concepts for airborne and space radar systems
* Coordinating with Program-level System Engineering teams to ensure that the payload functional requirements and its interfaces with the other subsystems achieve the Program operational concept of operations
* Supporting requirements development, allocation, verification, and operational procedure development and documentation
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, mathematics, or physics.
Other Job Related Information/Qualifications:
Systems engineering with familiarity with Radar and EW systems. Strong understanding Radar and EW systems at the unit and subsystem level design as well as familiarity with other subsystems in particular Communications, Controls, and Telemetry & Command. Knowledge of systems engineering processes.
* Strong understanding Radar and EW systems at the unit and subsystem level design as well as familiarity with other subsystems in particular Communications, Controls, and Telemetry & Command
* Experience of systems engineering processes (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design)
* Experience with system fault and redundancy architecture design
* Strong problem solving skills and logical thinker
* Self-Starter, team player, good communicator
* 8+ years’ experience working with operating radar systems and EW designs and testing
* 8+ years’ experience with mission operations
* Strong MATLAB skills
* Experience working on demonstrations with hardware in system test
* Knowledge with wideband RF hardware design
* Knowledge of high speed DSP hardware design
* Knowledge with radar theory and adaptive signal processing
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award