4 months ago
If you want to help make our world a safer place – in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea – the ISR & Space Systems team may be the place for you. Every day we support critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge vision, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their success.
We at ISR & Space Systems are the world leaders in high altitude and space based electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in mission critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting and protecting those who protect our freedom and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
We are looking for a SENIOR OPTICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER who can:
* Perform optical design and analysis of optical systems, mostly high performance remote sensing applications.
* Determine a design form and take the design to a final state including considerations such as packaging, tolerancing, design for manufacture, and lens performance
* Assess customer mission needs and requirements and translate them into specifications for electro-optical hardware solutions
* Utilize prior experience using sequential optical design software such as Zemax or Code V
* Use or develop optical modeling software to perform analysis of optical systems including MTF, Encircled Energy, Transmitted WFE over varying environments, Polarization, or other similar activities
* Minimum 10 years’ relevant work experience (or 5 years with graduate degree); aerospace environment preferred
* Experience using Sequential Optical Design software (Zemax or Code V preferred) is a must
* Experience using non-sequential optical analysis or design software (FRED, ASAP, Zemax, LightTools) is a plus
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
Education: B.S in Optical Engineering, Physics, Astronomy or related with 10 years of experience or M.S./PhD with 5 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.