11 months ago
Responsible for designing, testing, implementing, and supporting network infrastructure. Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and network configuration. Responsible for project planning and designing a scaleable network infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements for a high availability network. This includes detailing current and future requirements, planning analysis, project design, cost and personnel resource estimation for project implementation. Manage vendor relationships to deliver network products and services essential to a cost effective network infrastructure. Ensure network performance and availability meet enterprise objectives for timely service restoration and tuning. Develop and define network architecture which incorporates standards, practices, processes, and products for the enterprise.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the designing, testing, implementing, and supporting enterprise network infrastructure for multiple projects/teams of high priority and complexity.
- Leads teams and provides consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and network configuration.
- Is the lead responsible for project planning and designing of a scalable network infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements for a high availability network.
- Drives the direction for the development and define network architecture which incorporates standards, practices, processes, and products for the enterprise.
- Research/assess available network technologies in relation to the enterprise's current and future needs.
- Keep abreast of industry and technology trends, available products and services.
- Evaluate and recommend specific products and platforms to provide cost effective solutions that meet architectural requirements.
- Perform capacity planning and application analysis for network performance and sizing.
- Provide comprehensive network designs (cost estimates, product recommendations, configurations, and implementation plans) for capital and operating projects.
- Work on multiple technical projects, as assigned.
- Coach and provide guidance to network technical and support staff as appropriate, as part of team-based activities.
- Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise.
- Assist with support for day to day network operations by assessing network operational impact and recommending/performing corrective action.
- Create and maintain technical drawings and support documentation of the enterprise network infrastructure.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from any network service interruption, and to prevent recurring problems.
- Monitor, manage, and tune networks to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Provide on site and on call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in an IT field, in addition to four years applicable experience in one or more of the following network related areas: design, analysis, capacity, wireless, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and voice platforms; or a Bachelor's degree in an IT field, in addition to two years applicable experience in one or more of the above network related areas; or five years in-depth experience in one or more of the above network related areas.
- The ideal candidate will have the above, in addition to expertise in six or more of the following: Optimizing networks, Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 routing, DMVPN, Software Defined Networking, MPLS, IPSEC VPN, and/or Routing Protocols.
- The candidate may also have experience with Network Analysis/Sniffer/internet protocol analyzing. Previous airline/hospitality experience a plus.