5 months ago
Requisition ID: 7083
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer - Simulation & Training Solutions to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT (STS-VP) (2530). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability. The Mechanical Engineer position is to fill a need within the Display Engineering group, supporting the development and sustainment of STS display systems, including display products, domes, projectors, optical designs, and integration with high end image generator computers.
The candidate must be willing to perform a wide variety of functions from start to finish with mechanical design and layout, finite element analysis, optical design, generation of drawing packages within the Rockwell Collins standards, and working with other engineers within the group. The candidate will utilize several different types of COTS and in-house tools sets to execute the tasks.
* Capture and analyze customer requirements; derive product requirements.
* System level design considerations including structural, thermal, weight/load, and manufacturability.
* Development of design requirements derived from customer specifications.
* Generate presentations and documents to include design reviews, requirements reviews, test procedures, etc…
* Create/modify engineering design documentation.
* Support transition of design into manufacturing/production.
* Collaborate with software engineers, test engineers, hardware engineers, and project management
* Support installations as needed.
Come be part of a team building a multi-million dollar flight simulator. Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident and passionate engineers to help us create advanced aircraft simulation and training devices and products for both military and commercial customers.
This position requires good oral and written communication skills, strong teamwork skills, and the desire to participate on a results-oriented team of Systems, Hardware and Software Engineers.
If you're looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced team with opportunities for growth than this team could be the perfect fit for you.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* 5+ years of experience in Mechanical/Optical designs, including:
* Use of COTS software packages (Solid Works, ANSYS, etc…) to generate and modify drawings
* Structural analysis/FEA
* Ability to multitask and work well in an interdisciplinary environment
* U.S. citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Ability to Travel to Customer Site for debugging of issues (10-15% of the total project effort)
* Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Power Point and Word
* Good written and oral communication skills
* DOORS or Jama for requirements management
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.