8 months ago
* We solve our customers’ most difficult technical challenges
* We value trust, respect, integrity & cooperation in everything we do
* Performance really matters – for our people, customers & shareholders
If this sounds like the kind of organization you want to be a part of, continue reading…
Moog Aircraft Group in East Aurora, NY is looking for a Sr. Materials & Process Engineer to be an integral part of our engineering team delivering highly complex electro-mechanical, mechanical, and hydro-mechanical components and systems for flight actuation applications to our Military and Commercial Sector customers.
You will provide technical assistance, and other materials-related support, particularly in the areas of liaison with engineering and operations departments and outside vendors who do heat treating, chemical coating and other material processing. You will perform failure analyses, engage in problem-solving activities and recommend materials and processes suitable for producing and improving complex parts and assemblies.
The scope of your duties will extend to all areas of the Aircraft Group. You will also have primary accountability for technical support of the Group's materials needs and provide solutions to related problems.
Requires knowledge of:
* All wet processes such as Thin dense and hard chromium plating, copper plating, cadmium plating, passivation, anodizing, etc.
* Non-destructive and destructive inspection techniques for such materials as high strength aluminum alloys, stainless steels, ultra-high strength/temperature alloys, titanium, electrical alloys, and a variety of alloy steels
* Paints, adhesives, potting compounds, and other chemical and solvent based processes in support of producing Aircraft Group products is necessary
Expertise and hands on experience with the following equipment is required:
SEM, Metallographic Microscope, Sample Prep equipment, precision cut off saws, sample mounting units, polishing systems, XRF, Stereoscopes and Digital Imaging. In addition, expertise of the following equipment would be beneficial: FTIR, TEM, X-Ray, CT Scan.
What’s in it for you?
* Technical Challenge – our products are highly engineered, and customized for each customer
* High-Visibility Customers and Programs – we work with the largest aircraft manufacturers, and on the most advanced aircraft
* Mutual Trust, Respect and Opportunity – Moog provides a culture that allows for personal initiative, autonomy and excellence
What you’ll be working on day to day:
* Recommend materials and material processes for new designs
* Perform failure analyses on products and parts that failed in the field and during qualification testing
* Contribute to the development of new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel
* Validate conceptual problem solutions through trade studies and by applying sound engineering principles
* Support programs with some travel (5-10%) and the participation in presentations to customers
* Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its leading-edge technical reputation
* Document investigations, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports
What you’ll need to bring with you:
* BS/BT with 6 years related experience or MS/MA with 4 years related experience in: Materials/Metallurgy plus experience in the following disciplines Chemical/Chemistry/Electro-Chemical, Electrical/Electronics Materials, Polymers, Welding, Ceramic, Physics, Industrial and Mechanical, Nondestructive Evaluation, Forensic Analytical Science
* NDI and/or training in Lean and Statistical Engineering is required. Certification would be a plus
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran