6 months ago
The Senior Manager is responsible for the oversight of all Subcontracting Managers within ASD, ensuring that all program procedures are followed in all procurement actions relating to subcontracts. Position is responsible for the following duties: all aspects of overseeing the subcontract managers at ASD, including oversight of solicitation of proposals, Statement of Works, negotiations of terms, conditions, pricing, delivery, proprietary and non-disclosure agreements, subcontractor performance analysis and research, establishing subcontractor-specific on-ramp checklists, maintaining records on subcontractors that have been off-ramped for poor performance, and other contract/subcontract-related tasks as assigned.
• Responsible for effective and efficient management to include leadership of the Subcontracts organizations within ASD.
• Work independently with minimal supervision and ensure outstanding professional, complimentary and customer focused support is provided to all customers.
• Manage direct reports including subcontracts managers and administrators.
• Detailed knowledge, skills and experience in complex federal government contracting including contract types (e.g. time and materials, firm fixed price, IDIQs, GSA Schedules, etc.).
• Experience in negotiation, administration, and placement of various Government and commercial subcontracts from proposal development through close-out.
• Participate as a key team member during the proposal development process by providing guidance relevant to subcontract/contract requirements.
• Oversee development of subcontractor RFPs in compliance with FAR/DFARS, agency supplements and customer solicitation requirements.
• Ensure compliance with established SOX processes and Procurement procedures.
• Assist with establishing tools/mechanisms and reports for measuring compliance and/or other data requirements.
• Ensure effective oversight of subcontractor performance.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
• Minimum of 10 years Government, Commercial, and/or International Subcontracting experience with at least the last 7 years at the management level is required.
• Demonstrated career progression with proven results is required.
• Superior knowledge of US Government acquisition regulations is required.
• Must possess strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven team-building success is required.
• Experience with the Defense Industry is required, preferably in the Aerospace or Services Sector.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Current Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain one is required.
• A Juris Doctor and ability to practice law in the US is preferred but not required.
L-3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, expeditionary maintenance, and quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply. We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance. Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Jan 10, 2018, 9:05:13 PM