4 months ago
Requisition ID: 8847
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager, Sourcing to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Senior Manager, Sourcing is responsible for commodities and services within Rockwell Collins - IMS. Develops and conducts forecasting analysis to determine source strategy. Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels. Responsible for forecast analysis to evaluate cost savings for Rockwell Collins.
* Accountable for planning, development and execution of global sourcing strategies for several categories of goods and/or services supporting the IMS Enterprise.
* Leads management of the sourcing process. Ensures sourcing strategies align with Rockwell Collins and IMS Enterprise strategies through continuous focus on the best overall value through employing a total cost of ownership methodology. Accountable for development and presentation of compelling market analysis that establishes the foundation for the sourcing strategies.
* Leads development and forecasting analysis activities, internal spend evaluation and interpretation of stakeholders needs to establish global category requirements. Leads evaluation of key economic indicators and interprets supply chain impact. Plans and implements cost savings initiatives using LEAN principles.
* Develops and presents spend category/program status to senior leadership. May be responsible to plan and implement projects and activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, and/or quality control of goods and services.
* Accountable for development and management of performance-based contracts focused on key performance indicators such as inventory levels, material availability, quality, delivery, customer service and others. Ensures monitoring and reporting of supplier performance.
* Maintains established policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement supply chain solutions.
* Leads global discussions with business units and key stakeholders to ensure category performance management is effective. Responsible for sound contract management practices including proper document control and purchasing compliance.
* Ensures the sourcing decisions include a sound material or services availability and inventory plan exists and leads the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels. Accountable for increasing spend on consignment and improving cash flow to the IMS Enterprise.
* Responsible for executing global sourcing initiatives and ensuring a consistent, quality supply of direct and/or indirect materials and/or services.
* Supports the development of the strategic financial and annual operating plans and establishes annual category objectives.
* Responsible for IMS supplier performance management, this includes but not limited to total cost of ownership, quality, and performance delivery.
* Participates in the development and execution of supply chain improvement strategies in all areas. May lead initiatives to ensure supply chain optimization for the Enterprise. Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving cash flow.
* Responsible for sourcing/procurement talent acquisition, management and development. Communicates Enterprise goals and responds to requests for assistance from assigned regional locations. Creates optimal staffing plan and ensures the proper balance of skill sets exist to effectively support internal customers. Identifies and develops leadership within team.
* May lead category teams to develop, plan and implement supply chain roadmaps for goods and/or services.
* Identifies business continuity planning opportunities for given categories of spend. Conducts risk & opportunity assessments. Develops risk mitigation strategies and communicates planning roadmaps.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
* Proven supply chain leader
* Experience leading diverse team of sourcing and procurement specialists
* Proficient in sourcing roadmap development
* Polished in briefing executive leaders
* Extensive experience writing detailed supplier agreements
* Skilled negotiator in business terms and conditions
* Experience with forecasting and tracking cost savings
* Developed and executed global vendor management plans
* Experience with sourcing business continuity plans
* Experience with software compliance audits and reducing audit risk
* Experience with ISO or equivalent standards-based audits
* Experience with vendor management tools
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.