about 1 year ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager, Compliance to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Government Fiscal Relations (GFR) is seeking a leader for the Government Business Systems compliance team. The successful candidate has a combination of regulatory, audit, and controls skillsets along with a proven display of strong leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen.
This position leads a team responsible for the company's compliance program for Department of Defense business systems requirements, encompassing the accounting, earned value management, estimating, material management and accounting, property, and purchasing systems. Activities include regular interface with a broad network across multiple organizations and levels within the company as well as direct interaction with government oversight agency representatives. The team works in a dynamic environment and partners with business process owners to ensure compliance while limiting regulatory burden on the organization.
Lead and develop a team to:
* Provide regulatory expertise to the company regarding Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) business systems requirements
* Collaborate with process owners to design solutions that meet requirements with minimal cost of compliance
* Maintain business systems control framework that documents the policies, procedures, and controls used by the company to ensure compliance with DFARS business systems requirements
* Assess and communicate compliance risks and partner with process owners to mitigate
* Serve as audit focal point with process owners and oversight agencies in support of business system and other related audits
* Lead resolution of compliance issues related to business systems
* Interface with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) on business systems compliance topics
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or appropriate discipline with at least ten years of related experience
* Experience conducting or supporting compliance audits
* Experience documenting or testing internal controls
* Experience successfully leading people and/or projects
* Demonstrated effective communication with all levels of the organization
* Proven ability to provide technical information outside the immediate work group with appropriate tone and level of detail
* Experience maintaining positive working relationships with external auditors
* Experience working in a government environment preferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
● Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
● Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.