|Description||Established in 1965 and headquartered in Appleton, WI, Air Wisconsin Airlines, is a regional airline in the United States. AWA performs flying services for American Airlines, flying CRJ-200 regional jets. Air Wisconsin's team is made up of around 1,500 members dedicated to making our travelers’ experiences safe and pleasant. With service to approximately 70 cities throughout North America, we carry an estimated 6 million passengers a year.
The Senior Maintenance Planner provides general oversight of the Maintenance Planning Team’s function in the day-to-day operation. Works with the Manager of Maintenance Planning to maintain the necessary heavy maintenance schedules, build heavy maintenance work orders and refine heavy maintenance processes as well as effectively utilizing weekend down opportunities to supplement the workload in heavy maintenance and during RON visits.
In addition, the Senior Maintenance Planner is proficient at all other planning disciplines/functions and fills in for those positions as required. The Senior Maintenance Planner is the primary trainer of new employees and assists in the continued development of the skills and abilities of the team.
•• The Senior Maintenance Planner is qualified and proficient in all the duties and responsibilities of the MX Planning Coordinator Level I and Level II positions.
• Participate in weekly discussions to coordinate maintenance initiatives and parts/tooling support with materials planning, reliability, programs, technical services and regulatory compliance.
• Provide approval as necessary for maintenance specification change forms (M209) and engineering orders.
• Creates and maintains a weekend down maintenance plan based on stringent contractual obligations with repair vendors on high dollar components (i.e., Engines, Main Landing Gear, etc.) and a variety of recurrent structural inspections due to the increasing age of the aircraft while maintaining adequate opportunities for operational maintenance needs.
• Primary trainer for new hire employees in all aspects of the maintenance planning team’s duties and responsibilities. Works directly with the manager to develop and implement tailored training plans, coaching, and training materials to promote continued development of the planning team.
• Promotes continuous improvement/agent of change to maintenance planning processes and procedures.
• In the absence of the Maintenance Planning Manager, or where applicable, assume the duties and responsibilities and attend any meetings or conferences as applicable to maintenance planning. Provide data/ad Hoc reports as requested in a presentable, concise and timely manner.
• Highly proficient at creating cubes (Business Intelligence) and developing tools to better manage the planning of maintenance and provide future/history planning data to other departments.
• User of Optimization Software – maintain the current heavy maintenance production schedule, develop alternate heavy maintenance schedules as requested, and identify/implement additional uses for the optimization software.
• Active in all heavy maintenance processes/procedures.
• Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the MX Planning Coordinator – Level I, Level II, and Senior Maintenance Planning Coordinator duties and responsibilities.
• Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures
|Requirements||Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Business Administration/Management, Aviation Maintenance, Applied Engineering Technology, or a related field – or – equivalent practical career experience required.
• Three or more years of experience in airline operations or production environment required.
• Three to five years of aircraft maintenance or Engineering Experience in FAR Part 121 Air Carrier Operations, a position with emphasis on planning or equivalent required.
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant license preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of aircraft maintenance program development and application.
• Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Office applications – special focus on Excel/Pivot Tables.
• Advanced analytical skills and logical aptitude to work with and understand complex regulatory requirements.
• Driven for continuous improvement/ability to support change through collaboration, brainstorming, asking questions and thinking outside the box.
• Ability to embrace feedback and the desire to further develop skills.
• Good understanding of key training/development building blocks.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills – ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks/interruptions in a fast-paced/dynamic work environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficient with AS400/PMI software applications.