10 months ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks a Senior Java Developer to work in a critical area of Delta's IT application infrastructure.
You will work with some of Delta's key areas such as Ticketing, Revenue Management, Reservations. This role will become an integral part of elevating our products and services into the marketplace. This opportunity offers you the chance to work with multiple technical IT and business teams to find the best approach to build technologies that take us into the future.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- This position assists with the technical design of computer software and depending on experience and abilities may participate in the development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications
- This position will also develop appropriate documentation according to Delta's standards
- Support and troubleshoot systems as required, optimizing performance, resolve problems, and providing timely follow up on all problems
- This person is someone who actively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes; researches and provides information concerning technical solutions
- Will assist in guiding the development efforts and insuring that Delta's methodologies and standards are maintained
- Keeps the customer informed and follows standard practices to insure the customer is properly advised on appropriate approaches to solving their business problems
- Allies with other IT functional areas to stay appraised of project status
- Identifies, understands, and resolves gaps across technology and business partners.
- You will partner with the Business Areas, IT Business Consultants, Advisors and Enterprise Architects to design, build and implement transcending solutions across Delta portfolios to offer Delta personnel and Delta customer's best in class and always on the leading edge
- Keep up to date with industry standards, and technology changes to help build robust systems to accommodate the industry requirements and business needs
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- This position requires a BS or BA degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education, or training experience in application design, development, installation, and modification
- Airline knowledge relating to ticketing and EMDs are essential while booking data and airline business acumen are also required
- Must have demonstrated leadership in delivering IT business systems
- Candidate must have the ability to effectively write code (e.g., JAVA preferred) in order to develop effective and efficient solutions to computing needs
- TIBCO products: EMS, RV, Business Works, Oracle D/B and SOAA nice to have
- The candidate needs to have extensive experience regarding software design and development using object caching databases
- Must be an expert in working with Visio diagrams, PowerPoints, Word and Excel documents
- Must be able to take data and manipulate it to assist with setting the best course of action
- Experience should include working closely with IT in business systems analysis, application design, development, installation, and modification, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Candidate must be solutions oriented using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Candidate must also have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management
- This role to be familiar in designing efficient low latency, highly available, high transaction fault-tolerant high data volume systems that use object caching databases, an Enterprise Message Bus, and Service Oriented Architecture
- Must be experienced in delivering cross divisional projects successfully
- Must have a strong customer focus, and experience dealing with vendor management and 3rd parties
- Must be a team player, excellent communicator, excels in sharing knowledge
- Must act selflessly and demonstrate servant leadership
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.