6 months ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks a Senior Java Developer.
The Airline industry is constantly changing and Delta Air Lines, Inc. is at the forefront of the evolution of how the consumer buys and interacts with the products and services available to them. The Senior Java Developer will provide leadership and technical expertise to enable solutions and specify business and application designs in the Pricing space. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, and learn more about, the way Delta Air Lines prices products and services.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Your primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, within an agile scrum team.
- Lead and influence technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and products.
- Partner with the Business Areas, IT Business Consultants, Advisors and Enterprise Architects to design, build and implement outstanding solutions
- Assist in ensuring that Delta's methodologies and standards are maintained
- Keep up to date with industry standards, and technology changes to help build robust systems to accommodate the Business requirements and needs
- Write appropriate documentation according to Delta's standards
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- This position requires a BS degree in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education, or training in application design, development, installation, and modification. Master's preferred.
- At least 7 years of software development experience to include working closely with IT in business systems analysis, application design, development, installation, and modification, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Proficiency in developing and deploying applications using WebShere required
- Experience with SQL queries for Oracle and/or Teradata required
- Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting (ksh, bash, etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools for managing work (esp. Version One, Gitlab, Junit, ServiceNow, Jenkins, etc.) desired
- Previous experience in supporting large applications in production with strong debugging skills
- Must be a team player, excellent communicator, excel in sharing knowledge and listening to customers and colleagues with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Proactive in nature with a strong customer focus and customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Knowledge of the airline industry is desired especially in airline pricing and revenue management