7 months ago
Senior IT Manager
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Senior IT Manager
The primary function of the Senior Manager, IT is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Senior Manager, IT will partner with other department heads to identify and implement technology solutions to support and drive the business. The Senior Manager, IT will be strategic, as well as hands on, providing administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the department. Knowledge of ERP systems and experience working in a manufacturing environment is crucial to success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Operate as a member of the management team in a fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
· Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
· Manage IT Manger and staff.
· Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
· Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
· Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, network infrastructure, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
· Benchmark, analyze, and make decisions for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and systems.
· Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
· Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
· Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
· Responsible for asset management of IT hardware, software and equipment.
· Establish, maintain and report on departmental monthly KPIs.
· Collaborates with Astronics Security Officer in the implementation and maintenance of network security measures to protect company proprietary data and confidential communications
· Formulates security policies governing access management to electronic company proprietary data, intellectual property and confidential communications/reports.
· Regularly interface with Astronics Corporate Division on projects and activities.
This position requires knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation, and is responsible for the performance of various functions that are an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with 8+ years' experience in IT.
· Managerial experience, leading both people and processes.
· Solid experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
· Strong understanding of IT strategies and how they relate to business objectives with the ability to quickly understand the business and IT's impact on its success.
· Excellent technical understanding of IT infrastructure technologies and components.
· Well-developed organizational and inter personal skills. A self-starter and self-motivated individual, who will have a positive attitude and influence on the organization.
· Ability to establish priorities and maintain multiple priorities and tasks at one time.
· May require travel up to 20% of time
· U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Astronics Test Systems (Irvine)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.