6 months ago
Director of Internal Communications
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Senior Specialist, Internal Communications works in partnership with corporate communications leaders to design and execute enterprise-wide communications for Alaska Air Group (AAG). This Specialist connects employees to Alaska's purpose, values, and Five Focus Areas with internal communications for the company's intranet and other communications channels. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a genuine passion and excitement for our people, our business, and the history and future of Alaska Air Group.
Scope & Complexity
- Under general supervision, this individual contributor role is responsible for executing communications to inform and engage employees. This includes partnering with Director of Internal Communications and the internal communications team, as well as subject-matter experts and divisional communications specialists to develop and execute on recommendations that align with corporate strategy and company initiatives.
- Supports the Director of Internal Communications in the strategic development and execution of a diverse range of communications in support of company priorities and initiatives.
- Creates and builds both news articles and web pages for the company intranet.
- Assists with project/program roll outs, including major announcement preparation and distribution of talking points, memos, key message points, fact sheets, and Q&A documents.
- Provides subject matter expertise, fostering cooperation between director of frontline communication, division communication managers, other communication specialists and corporate communication partners to ensure alignment and understanding on companywide communication strategies and messages.
- Manages communication requests, tracks activities, and measures the impact of individual campaigns while ensuring the specific needs and concerns of our different workgroups and leadership levels are considered.
- Delivers best-in-class communication collateral, including emails, stories, websites, flyers/posters, videos, presentations, and more through varied formats (e.g., internal communications and social media) dependent upon campaign type and target audience.
- Ensures proper alignment, implementation, and change management occurs to influence and manage communications consistency.
- Participates in and supports new business development, providing communications guidance and recommendations for effective employee messaging, collaborating on communications, strategic messaging, and tactics for division communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum of 4 years of experience developing and delivering communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of content management and communication methodologies.
- Collaborative and customer service-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills, with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Dreamweaver.
- Ability to deliver prompt and calm responses to unexpected issues or change.
- Professional and resourceful, with a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Understanding of analytics and scorecard development.
- Experience managing projects of varying complexity.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: Jan 14, 2018
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.