about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Our global HR team works on behalf of our 41,000 employees to create a culture where talent thrives. Whether it’s recruiting the best people to our organization, partnering with managers to lead successful teams, accelerating the development of our top performers, or executing our holistic “Healthy You” wellness program, we impact the business in a number of important ways. We do this, and much more, without losing sight of our values, ethical standards and the importance of compliance. From the big, strategic programs to the high-touch client partnerships, our HR team is leading cultural transformation at UTC Aerospace Systems.
Our global operations team provides the expertise to make these products a reality through our network of manufacturing centers of excellence in Singapore, Indonesia, Poland, Puerto Rico, and the United States. Over 6 million production hours and $1.3B in sales are generated through this organization across a wide variety of manufacturing processes and components.
At UTAS we value people, integrity, ideas and performance. We are looking for results oriented team players to support our growth and transformation.
We are currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Manager for our Phoenix, Arizona electronics assembly and test facility. The major responsibilities for this position include:
* Work as a strategic partner to implement talent strategies to improve near and long term business performance.
* Partner with leadership to communicate and implement HR programs that support business goals and drive results
* Work with business leaders and managers to optimize team development and organization effectiveness
* Lead and support business initiatives while effectively planning and managing employment cost
* Champion continuous improvement initiatives and fully contribute as a member of business leadership team.
* Lead talent acquisition and organizational development efforts to build bench strength
* Use available systems and data to provide meaningful information and analysis to support recommended strategies.
* Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws through appropriate program and process management. Mitigate risks as needed for ad hoc situations through evaluation of alternative strategies appropriate controls.
* Lead employee relations and coach others through effective conflict resolution and investigations activities.
* Identify employee relations issues; and address with cost effective solutions
* Coach Managers through challenging performance management situations as well as creating development opportunities.
* Support managers in developing and communicating plans to address areas of improvement
* 10 years of progressive experience supporting client groups - manufacturing experience preferred.
* Demonstrated experience working across all levels of an organization including senior leaders and influencing effectively
* Able to maintain composure and adapt to challenging and ambiguous situations while driving towards solutions
* Unwavering customer service orientation, and demonstrated experience providing sound HR guidance as a trusted advisor to clients
* Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations
* Prior success in creating step-change improvements to people processes
* Demonstrated aptitude at identifying, attracting, and developing talent
* Skilled at facilitating change on a broad scale.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: BA/BS Degree with 10 years experience or Master's degree with 7 years experience
Professional certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, etc.)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.