about 1 year ago
A Senior Hardware Designer requires advanced formal engineering education, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability in the field of embedded equipment. Responsibilities include designing and implementing electronic hardware systems in a team setting. Systems typically require the design and development of electronic equipment gathering power, analog and digital circuits. This position reports to Hardware Engineering Manager.
* • Support technical proposals and assist with preparation of quotation, schedules, compliance matrixes and costing for new bids
* • Analyze customer needs/requirements to create hardware development plans and hardware verification plans
* • Analyze and specify hardware development environment (HDE), verification environment, debugging and profiling tools
* • Develop, deploy and support DO-254 processes, reviews (SOI), development plans and review checklists
* • Analyze user's requirements and create a detailed hardware architecture and formal structured design
* • Design electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment from detailed designs to meet EMC/EMI requirements and performance
* • Prepare material costs and timing estimates, reports and design descriptions for electronic systems and equipment
* • Perform circuit analysis and traceability from user's requirements to formal design and implementation
* • Support and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electronic components, systems and equipment
* • Debug and troubleshoot hardware circuits
* • Determine FMEA at Board and Component levels
* • Integrate hardware into embedded system environment, including test bench and on aircraft at customer sites
* • Work within a project development teams
* • Produce and manage work packages either internal or subcontracted and submit status reports to Hardware Engineering Manager
* • Participate and support on program risk assessment and mitigation
* • Supervise the work of junior designers and/or other engineering employees
* • Provide presentations to customers on hardware design and operation
* • Bring his skill to the sub-assy H/W brick policy,
* • Promote the best practices using design to cost approach and standardized components (preferred component list),Other duties as assigned
* • Other duties as assigned
* • Minimum 10 years' experience in electronic product design and reliability analysis, including digital and analog building blocks;
* • Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience;
* • Technical and hardware qualifications (DO-160 and DO-254) experience. Background from Electrical motor command and control, Avionics, Automotive, Medical Device or other high reliability products would be a definite asset;
* • Leadership/management experience
* • Proven experience working with standards, processes and work procedures in a structured design environment;
* • Professionally registered (P. Eng) in Ontario (or have the ability to obtain such registration within one year of employment).
* • Orcad, Matlab, PSPICE are assets.
* • Microsoft Office (Word, Excel);
* • Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and adaptability;
* • Strong verbal and written communication skills;
* • Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines;
* • This posting reflects the general duties of the position but is not a detailed description of all duties which the successful applicant may be asked to perform.
* • Minimum Intermediate level in French language would be a plus
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.