3 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS), a business unit of UTC Aerospace Systems, provides cutting-edge sensors and sensor-based systems for the commercial aerospace, ground vehicle and defense industries including electronic flight bags, air data systems, ice detection and protection systems, fire protection systems, fuel measurement and management systems, guidance navigation and control systems, health and usage management systems, rescue hoists, mission data recorders, and sensing suites for aircraft engines.
Position:Integrated Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Senior Engineer
Based in Burnsville, MN – Vergennes, VT – OR- Cheshire, CT
The GNC engineer will participate on a team responsible for the design, development and integration of Guidance, Navigation and Control sections for rockets, missiles and projectiles following the UTAS Technology Readiness Level (TRL) process and the UTAS Product Introduction (UPI) process. This process includes Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) principals utilizing our growing suite of MathWorks simulation tools and algorithms. This role will interface with Senior Engineers, Program Management, Business Development Personnel and Customers to establish new programs, execute existing programs and support programs in production.
Responsibilities: The GNC Engineer has the following responsibilities:
* Develop, document and manage top-level customer and derived system requirements identified through the execution of trade studies.
* Develop algorithms, system models and simulations of GNC systems to satisfy top level system specifications and requirements.
* Support development of electrical, mechanical, and software specifications based on system simulation and top-level requirements. Flow down and track customer and system specifications to systems, electrical, mechanical, and software detail specifications.
* Develop verification and validation procedures, including DVT through qualification, to ensure system and subsystem components will perform as specified to meet customer and system requirements.
* Collaborate with fellow engineers on program technical challenges
* Contribute to design reviews following the UPI process
* Support the Business Development organization in new business pursuits, including customer technical visits, preparation of RFI responses, and responsibility for preparation of technical proposals.
* Support failure investigation in developing cause and corrective action for manufacturing and customer top-level systems integration and test failures.
* Provide on-site customer support as necessary to perform above responsibilities effectively.
Qualification: The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years of GNC experience in the development of GNC systems for precision guided weapon systems. Knowledge and experience in one or more Integrated GNC disciplines is desired such as: guide laws, navigation, navigation filters, autopilot controls, actuation, seekers, safe and arm device or safety subsystem integration, software development as well as model based design principals. The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related field with an advanced degree preferred. Experience with MathWorks tools is strongly desired.
A DoD Secret (or higher) clearance or the ability to achieve such within 12 months is required.
US Citizenship is required
* Electrical Engineering Degree or Equivalent preferred
* BS degree with 4-7+ years of experience
* MS degree with 2-5+ years of experience
* PhD degree with 0-2+ years of experience
* US Citizenship is required
* A DoD Secret (or higher) clearance or the ability to achieve such within 12 months is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.