7 months ago
Senior Firmware/ Test Engineer
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Senior Firmware/ Test Engineer
Astronics Test Systems (ATS) is looking for a firmware and test engineer to join our Semiconductor Engineering team. ATS has an exciting line of massively parallel test systems that support the semiconductor industry around the world. This is a unique opportunity for an engineer with a diverse skill set to work within several engineering disciplines. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, and logical to work successfully in a stimulating environment. The candidate will work with the different engineering groups within the Semiconductor business unit, from electrical, to mechanical, to software. The candidate will be responsible for two areas: defining and developing test requirements and test program sets (TPS) and writing, maintaining, and enhancing firmware for microprocessors.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements:
* Evaluates, recommends and implements test strategies and architectures for new product development. Develops test platforms and test programs to design specifications, data flow diagrams and functional requirement documents.
* Performs design, development, operation, maintenance and documentation of test systems to be applied to engineering requirements. Advises on new techniques and emerging test technologies.
* Estimates development time associated with the development of test systems and test software.
* Maintain and improve performance and features of existing test platforms, applying appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle to support exiting and new products.
* Design, develop, and debug firmware that resides on the test system
* Assist technicians with troubleshooting failures which consists of analyzing test results, debugging firmware, circuit probing, and performing measurements using DMMs, scopes, and logic analyzer
* Requires a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related discipline or its equivalent
* Five or more years of relevant work experience in testing, designing systems, and/or FW development
* Familiar with C, C++, and C# programming languages
* Familiar with Code Composer, Atmel Studio
* Familiar with microcontrollers and their peripherals, such as Timers, GPIO, ADC, I2C, SPI, and UART
* Must have good analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be U.S. Citizen/U.S. Person.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Astronics Test Systems (Irvine)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.