6 months ago
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Production Engineering organization is seeking an Equipment & Tool Engineer to support the 737 program in Renton, WA.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Leads the development of highly complex equipment and tooling concepts and specifications to satisfy aerospace product design and build requirements.
* Leads design, design reviews, requirement collection, drawing creation and revision.
* Researches the application of robotics, automation and new technology to support the build plan.
* Creates off-load packages, specifications, purchase requests and usage instructions for equipment and tooling.
* Designs and checks designs for compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
* Establishes and validates spares requirements.
* Leads the implementation of best practices into functional process documentation to drive standard work.
* Oversees the development and documentation of equipment and tooling inspection and usage instructions, preventative maintenance plans, and user training.
* Provides technical direction to support engineering changes and discrepancy resolution.
* Oversees the maintenance of hardware and software configuration.
* Assesses and makes recommendations for disposition of equipment and tooling.
This is a day shift position. However, Engineering supports a 24 hour factory, so work schedule flexibility is required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and capabilities:
Minimum 2 years of experience with hydraulic and pneumatic system design.
2 or more years of experience with electro-mechanical equipment design, testing and troubleshooting
Experience Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
Experience with 3D design and tools.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education & Experience:
AA degree in related discipline and typically 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Automated fastening, drill and fill, and other complex assembly equipment and systems.
Ability to incorporate sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication for equipment systems.
Experience in design, development, and/or implementation of control circuits or algorithms for electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
Software development experience
Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams
Organizational skills and/or Project Management experience
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award