11 months ago
N2 Imaging Systems, located in Irvine, CA, is a leading manufacturer of visible and infrared imaging products for military and commercial applications. Recently acquired by UTC Aerospace Systems, N2 is a dynamic place to work, with a cooperative, team-oriented workforce that is dedicated to winning new customers and growing our business.
N2 is currently seeking a Sr. EO/IR Systems Engineer (SE) to join our highly experienced interdisciplinary team of engineers working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The SE will have the responsibility of supporting product development including system architecture development, requirements development and management, validation and verification, system design and performance analysis. The System Engineer lays out the vision for the product and works with all engineering teams to turn that vision into hard requirements, high-reliability designs, and testable characteristics. As such the System Engineer must be a team-oriented leader who can support weapon sight and night vision systems development through from cradle to grave.
* Work closely with the Program Manager, Project Engineer, and systems team to manage system and sub-system requirements using tools such as DOORS and scope aspects of the project to ensure an appropriate development approach is implemented
* Collaborate across engineering disciplines to lead the full life-cycle of systems development tasks including definition and development of system architecture and interface definition through requirements capture and flow down, integration, and qualification test with minimal supervision and direction from the Engineering Manager
* Lead and conduct relevant system design trade studies and EO/IR system imaging performance analysis using tools such as:NV-Therm and NV-IMP
* Generation of System Test Cases and System Test Procedures
* Daily technical interaction with program, project, electrical, software, hardware, mechanical, optical, test and quality groups within the division
* Regular technical interaction with other UTAS divisions, partners and end customers
* Develop sub-system trade studies, algorithms and error budgets as necessary to support the project and drive to lowest size, weight, and power (SWAP) solutions.
* Drive the usage of appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions with heavy focus on platform design, reuse and knowledge-management
* Mentors and train junior engineers to improve their creativity, thoroughness, and technical ability
Analyze product failure data from customers, manufacturing, and suppliers to determine necessary product improvements
* Must have US Persons status / green card acceptable
* Broad based electro-optical imaging system design and development background (opto-mechanical packaging, high-density electronics, software, visible and Infrared optics) with experience in system design and architecting of optical imaging systems, sights, and night-vision systems a definite advantage
* 7+ years of experience in design and development of an integrated product and leading technical projects through a life cycle
* 5+ years of experience in an engineering IPT position in an Aerospace/Defense or other structured product development environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Design concept skills are required as the successful candidate will be involved in many proposals, presentations and customer reports
* Ability to work in a highly structured environment, with frequent customer and stakeholder interaction
* Experience leading large development projects and/or multi-disciplined engineering teams is a definite advantage
* Bachelor’s degree Required
* Advanced degree a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.