about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
This Engineer would be working in a team environment, sometimes with remote team members, engaging in full life-cycle development (plan, design, verify, certify) of embedded software for control of electric power systems and certifying to aerospace standards (DO-178 is typical, software levels A to C).
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* Experience in embedded software development/verification, preferably using DO-178 or similar industry standards.
* Experience with most aspects of the software life cycle process including planning, decomposition of system requirements to high level software requirements, low level requirements, architecture, code, verification and certification.
* In depth knowledge of software architectures and the C coding language.
* Familiar with working in lab environments using in circuit emulators / target system debuggers and computer assisted test stands.
* Good understanding of the software development and verification processes.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
* Knowledge of Assembly, JAVA, ADA, Python, XML, Tcl/Tk languages.
* Experience with Model Based Development using tools such as those provided by MathWorks.
* Experience with real-time embedded operating systems.
* Low level OS Platform integration, board support package integration (device drivers, I/O).
* Built in Test (module self-test) and protection development experience.
* Experience with configuration management and requirements management tools such as IBM Rational Synergy, Change and DOORS, DXL.
* Understanding of communication protocols such as A429, A629, A664, CAN and Ethernet.
* Experience with digital signal processors (DSP) such as Texas Instruments TMS320F2812 and microcontrollers such as the PowerPC line from Freescale is preferred.
* Motor controls experience.
* General understanding of hardware design.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5 years' experience OR
* Master's degree with 3 years' experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.