4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Producibility engineering position within the Electric Systems power generation department. This position is responsible for the manufacture and design of Integrated Drive Generators, Variable Frequency Generators, motors, and ram air turbines.
This role will be part of an Integrated Product Development team supporting the design and manufacture of mechanical and electromagnetic equipment. A key element of this role is to foster collaboration with the design engineering team, manufacturing engineering, and suppliers to meet cost, weight, and reliability targets.
* Review of engineering drawings for electromagnetic design and manufacturability
* Electromagnetic tooling design and review (punching, assembly, autowind)
* Housing, gears and other mechanical design review and manufacturability
* Manufacturing process development and problem solving with plant sites and suppliers
* Standard work development and practices
* Cost reduction and working with the plant sites regarding standard costs
* Production support related to identifying Root Cause and Corrective Actions
Candidates should demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary team environment. Aggressively search for alternative solutions when legacy solutions are not adequate; establish trust and credibility in relating to others; demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and work well with all levels of the organization.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 4-7 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
* 4-7 years of experience with manufacturing (generator and motor assemblies for aerospace applications) electro-magnetic assemblies
* Strong communication (written & verbal), leadership and computer skills required
* Candidate must be an outgoing, self-directed, highly motivated, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Product knowledge and background in mechanical and electrical aerospace equipment
* In depth knowledge of manufacturing electro-magnetic lamination materials including the stamping and machining processes
* In depth knowledge of winding electromagnetic assemblies and auto-winding equipment
* Ability to work with electromagnetic material suppliers (Raw material and punching suppliers, and autowind)
Add Work Environment (if applicable)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* BS in Mechanical, Engineering Mechanics Engineering required
* MS preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.