3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft our systems make modern flight possible. And by make it possible, we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do. Rosemount Aerospace: As part of the Rosemount Aerospace team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
We have an immediate opening for a New Product Introduction Staff Manufacturing Engineer in Burnsville, MN.
Role: The candidate will be responsible for the transfer and release of products from technology development to low production run rate. This includes cross-functional collaboration with various organizational functions (Design Engineering, Program Office, Operations, Quality Engineering, Etc.) to ensure project milestones are achieved.
* The desired individual will be able to balance program needs while providing solutions to ensure yield targets and part performance requirements are met.
* The Manufacturing Engineer will also identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives, typically aimed at improving product performance, reducing product and process variation, and product cost.
* They will provide cross-functional leadership and work directly with all levels of staff from the production floor to senior leadership to ensure products meet all necessary quality standards while still maintaining program milestones To be successful in this role the candidate must have excellent organizational and time management skills, being able to effectively prioritize to meet deadlines.
* The candidate must excel at critical thinking and problem solving, being able to apply their engineering skills to solve complex issues, while working under limited direction. Adaptability and being able to rapidly shift gears is critical in this role. The candidate should have good communication skills and be a team player.
* Facilitate the transfer of products and technology from technology development to low volume production
* Utilize data mining and analysis to leverage past lessons and incorporate improvements on new products
* Provide feedback to on proposed product releases pertaining to yield, manufacturability, specification alignment, testing and process capability
* Ability to drive medium to large scale projects to completion
* Design tooling and fixtures for production, and adapt machine or equipment design to production conditions
* Plans layout for assembly and materials handling
* Create, maintain, and update routings, manufacturing procedures and technical documentation
* Provides guidance to design on drawing, prints, schematics, and BOMs
* Implement statistical process control
* Detailed technical report completion and technical presentations
* Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement activities
* Complete other duties as assigned
* 7 years of current experience
* Experience in technical writing and management presentations
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
* Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint Preferred: Experience in the Aviation industry
* Experience with SAP and Teamcenter Software
* CAD Experience
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Bachelors in Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.