12 months ago
American Airlines is seeking a talented and technical Senior Development Operations Engineer who is capable of leading process and tool set implementation and improvement that will enable Continuous Integration/Deployment environments and workflows. The Senior Development Operations Engineer must be innovative, energetic, and driven to provide supper customer experiences. You will leverage your combination of consulting skills, technical ability, development knowledge to assess the needs of a customer to leverage DevOps methodologies. This role requires coordination with internal customers in a DevOps fashion with Developers, QA, Operations and Release Managers as well as leaders across the enterprise. The ideal candidate would be someone with an application development background and grows into CI/CD build and release engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with application development team to adopt continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools including GitHub Enterprise, Cloudbees Jenkins, SonaType Nexus Repository Manager, SonarQube.
* Integrate upstream and downstream development/QA/Security testing tools in to the enterprise toolchain.
* Automate application build and deployment pipeline utilizing the DevOps toolchain and drive for best practice.
* Provide tools training to new users.
* Continuous support to application teams with their development pipeline.
* Engage with application teams for Requirement gathering, documenting and transitioning.
* Provide inputs on improvement opportunities to ensure commitment on deliverables and alignment on projects.
* Assist in the implementation of a comprehensive release approach including people, process and tools.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or other related technical field.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology industry.
* Experience with configuration and administration of continuous integration tool Jenkins. Experience with CloudBees Enterprise Jenkins is preferred.
* Strong knowledge with Jenkins Pipeline job and Groovy scripts. Have experience creating shared library and Jenkins plugin. Knowing declarative pipeline is a plus.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with source code management system configuration and administration, such as Git, SVN, AccuRev. GitHub Enterprise is preferred.
* Strong knowledge of branching strategy. Can work with application team and recommend the right branching strategy based on their development process.
* Experience with build tools Ant and Maven is a must. Knowledge with Gradle and MSBuild is a plus.
* Working knowledge of common networking protocols (e.g., HTTP, TCP, IP, SSH, FTP, SMTP, DNS, LDAP), load balancer, firewall, storage.
* Capable of writing comprehensive technical documentation and diagrams.
* Can communicate technology effectively with different level of audience.
* The candidate should understand end to end application development lifecycle from code commit to Production deployment.
* Good communicator. Be able to work/collaborate with other teams to drive for result.
* Have an Ops mind and understand production change process.
* 2 or more years of experience working in Agile software development environment.
Job Qualifications (Continued)
* Understanding of service-oriented architecture (REST APIs, micro-services, etc.) and ability to develop code to make API calls
* Large scale application deployment experience. Extensive build and release engineering experience and proven ability to design and develop automated deployment solutions.
* Knowledge of Cloud-native platform such as Cloud Foundry
* Experience with Docker
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 16625
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Manufacturing Engineer, Consulting, Engineer, Computer Science, Cloud, Engineering, Technology