8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
* Analyze manufacturing problems and identify automation or improvement opportunities.
* Develop concepts and requirements for new equipment, research potential suppliers or integrators.
* Justify new equipment acquisitions & lead purchasing, installation and commissioning activities.
* Coordinate preparation of facilities and infrastructure to receive new equipment.
* Manage new equipment projects and coordinate with outside suppliers and receiving programs.
* Communicate project status and activities through reports, presentations and reviews.
* Demonstrate the ability to strategically organize and complete projects, tasks and business objectives.
* Drive the usage of appropriate Project Management and Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions.
* Solve complex problems and manage multiple tasks and personnel simultaneously.
* Lead a cultural changes & process improvements to better align with UTAS-Aerostructures
* Track record of maintaining positive long-term business relationships.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and written at all levels. Both internally and externally.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Experience in the development of project plans using Microsoft Project; including schedule, budget and resource planning. Evaluation of technical options against schedule and budgetary constraints.
* Critical Competencies: Project Focus, Drive for Results, Technical Skills, Interpersonal Leadership Skills, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork.
* Travel will be required to meet with automated solution providers, attend technical conferences / trade shows (i.e. SAMPE, CAMX, SAE, etc.) to evaluate material processing advancements, and customer facilities for meetings and manufacturing reviews.
* The position is to be based out of Chula Vista, CA with periodic travel to the Riverside facility (20%).
* Experience with Composite Automation (Manufacturing, Machining, Assembly, etc. ).
* Experience with coordinating and executing equipment, tooling, and part qualifications.
* Experience with material system development to improve automated capabilities.
* Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and program/project management tools.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Aerospace or Mechanical and 5+ years OR
* Masters degree in Engineering with 2+ years experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.