6 months ago
Senior Eng, Mfg and Quality Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57967BR Date posted 12/12/City Phoenix
At UTC Aerospace Systems- We are premier designer and manufacturer of integrated aerospace systems for nearly everything that flies- from tip to tail- for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft applications.
Because of a strategic commitment, United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) created the Electronic Systems Center (ESC) headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The ESC supports a wide variety of UTAS aerospace products with state-of-the-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds, and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products for all parts of the United Technologies Enterprise.
We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges- safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
Senior Manufacturing/Quality Engineer
The Electronic Systems Center (ESC) supports a wide variety of UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) products with state-of-the-art facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds, qualifies and supports aerospace electronic systems and components for all segments of UTAS.
The Manufacturing/Quality Engineer will support the development of all processes and procedures to effectively streamline manufacturing at the ESC Phoenix facility, including application of lean manufacturing practices applied to the ESC. This role will also support Design and Development activities by providing input on manufacturability, inspectability and testability.
* Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of one or more functional areas.
* Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others.
* Develops and maintains Standard Work processes and procedures necessary for efficient and compliant manufacturing.
* Responsible for providing the manufacturing operators with all the necessary tooling, fixtures and documentation to build the product in the most efficient manner which includes working with the operators to improve the build processes.
* Interpret, develop, implement, monitor and manage quality assurance of qualification and production level hardware builds.
* Controls manufacturing documentation including creating and updating BOM’s, routings, build instructions, labor standards and visual aids.
* Provides technical assistance to production operators including trouble shooting products and equipment within the manufacturing environment.
* Conduct First Article Inspections.
* Interface with customers on manufacturing and quality related issues.
* Applies lean manufacturing principles and identifies opportunities for process improvements. Incorporates lean principles in everyday work including: POU, VSM, One Piece Flow, and 5S. Participates in and leads Lean events.
* Drives ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) initiatives.
* Interfaces daily with Design Engineering, and additional functional areas to resolve product and process related problems and incorporate design changes into manufacturing.
* Functions as a member of an Integrated Product team on new product introductions.
* Recommends new equipment and processes with the goal of reducing cycle time, labor hours and WIP.
* Manages advanced manufacturing projects.
* Provide training and direction to others.
* Domestic and international travel of up to 20% of time.
• Experience in electronic equipment manufacturing environment
• Experienced with AS9100 standard
• Must display excellent teamwork and problem solving skills, RCCA, and have the ability to drive projects to completion
• Experience with electronic and electro–mechanical aerospace manufacturing and quality processes with an emphasis on Final Assembly, Inspection and Test.
• Circuit Card assembly experience
• Experience in a business running SAP
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field w/4–7+ years related experience
• MA/MS degree in a relevant field w/2–5+ years related experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.