3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
The Embedded Software engineer will participate on a team responsible for the design, development and integration. This role will interface with Senior Engineers, Program Management, Business Development Personnel and Customers to establish new programs, execute existing programs and support programs in production
The Embedded Software Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
* The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be experienced in leading and performing embedded software requirements definition, top-level architecture, software design, programming, development, integration, test, verification, life-cycle support, and documentation using an approved DO-178B/C process.
* The Senior Embedded Software Engineer must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment, sometimes with remote team members. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will also support software development proposals, resource planning, and project planning efforts.
* The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will typically work with other engineering disciplines, such as electrical, mechanical and systems, to ensure that the embedded software will accomplish the design goals for a particular product or system.
* The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be supporting design, development, Verification, modification, and enhancement of all product lines.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Qualification: Preferred Qualifications
* Master’s Degree: Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with 3 plus years’ experience in software engineering
Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
* 5 plus years of experience in software engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.