about 1 year ago
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace is looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to work in the Aerospace SATCOM Team in Ottawa.
The SATCOM Team specializes in satellite communications and related products and continues to meet significant challenges while pushing the limits of satellite communications. When it comes to connecting mobile users around the globe, Honeywell Aerospace is the source for world-class, innovative satellite communications solutions.
* Design and develop C/C++ embedded software
* Participation in code reviews and providing suggestions for improvement in software quality
* Design and develop unit tests, regression tests, and component tests
* Participate in software requirements review and definition
* Communicate with other team members and stakeholders
* Drive innovation
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Software Embedded Development
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
* Experience in Linux development environment
* Experience with C/C++ embedded software development
* Knowledge of network protocol design and development
* Knowledge of socket programming
* Knowledge of security protocols and software
* Value experience with Object Oriented design
* Aerospace or wireless communication knowledge is an advantage
* Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (Scrum) is an advantage
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Continued Professional Development
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD24562
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 400 Maple Grove Road, Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.