about 1 year ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
In this role you will:
* Generate software including the design of the System architecture. These designs will be to Aerospace and FAA requirements.
* The software integration will be for embedded microprocessor devices.
* Participate in the integration of software code with associated test hardware.
* Lead in the design and development of Embedded systems circuitry and printed circuit assemblies.These designs will be to Aerospace and FAA requirements.
* Lead in generating required process documentation including requirements specifications, design details, test procedures and reports.
* Prepare and review the drawings and layouts for complex production parts, components, and test equipment
* Create any necessary test software and the associated SW compliance documentation.
* Experience in the design of electrical hardware with a background in RTCA/DO-160 and RTCA/DO-254 requirements
* Experience in software development and knowledge of C, C++, Java, Labview, and/or Visual Basic programming languages
* Experience in software development and knowledge of RTCA/DO-178 requirements
* Lab test experience with the build of breadboard prototypes, EMI and Power Quality testing, and HALT/HASS
* An understanding of systems engineering with experience with requirements development and allocation, DOORS experience is preferred
* Strong communication skills and able to work in a multifunctional team environment
* Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering (from an accredited engineering curriculum with a past history of successful product design activities)
* Years of experience: 3-5 years
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.