about 1 year ago
The Electrical Engineer works in a cooperative team environment with other hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers. Designs, analyzes and tests systems and components and supports them in production. Prepares design specifications, electrical CAD schematics, test specifications and technical reports.
* -Reports to Lead Electrical Engineer and is responsible for carrying out medium to high level development assignments with moderate supervision
* -Works on collaborative project teams in conjunction with project engineers
* -Design electronic circuits for commercial and military avionics systems
* -Define electrical requirements for new designs and develop detailed performance specifications
* -Perform preliminary design activities – including block diagrams, trade off studies and design reviews
* -Perform detailed design activities – including schematic capture, design analysis, prototype tests, and design reviews
* -Perform technical oversight and coordination of printed circuit board designs
* -Perform functional tests and design verification tests
* -Support electrical qualification tests
* -Develop equipment to support integration test
* -Oversee efforts of less experienced electrical designs.
* -Provide troubleshooting support to New Product Introduction manufacturing
* -Define production test requirements
* -Manages own time on a daily basis according to project and departmental goals, milestones and budgets.
* -Technical responsibilities include system engineering, analysis, concept development, detailed design including drawing, system build, integration, verification and production support.
* -Provides electrical and system engineering guidance to mechanical engineers and software engineers.
* -Works closely with outside printed circuit board assembly shops and cable assembly shops in both prototype building and production level fabrication
* -Contributes to the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the engineering group as a whole and the electrical engineering department in particular.
* -Prepares technical sections of customer proposals and project reports.
* -Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a sub-system design from the conceptual stage through fabrication and field support.
* -Proficiency in design of wiring, cabling, shielding, noise management, transient suppression, electrical packaging, heat sinking, analog circuit design
* -Proficiency in frequency and time domain analysis, digital signal processing
* -Working knowledge of computer hardware design and interfacing; microcontrollers; embedded communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, AFDX).
* -Some knowledge of programmable devices (FPGA, CPLD).
* -Working knowledge of mathematical analysis software, i.e MATLAB, SciLab.
* -Working knowledge of various sources of electrical power: batteries, high efficiency DC/DC conversion, power budgeting, 3-phase AC.
* -Bachelor Degree (Master Degree preferred) in electronic engineering, completed by an experience of 10 to 15 years in the design of electronic units, preferably in civil avionics.
* -This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
* -Knowledge of civil avionics digital interfaces (RS-232, RS-422, A429)
* -Knowledge of civil avionics analog interfaces (thermocouple, synchro, shunt, etc) and discrete interfaces
* -Knowledge of design of EMI/EMC protections for avionics products
* -Knowledge of environmental qualification requirements of avionics products per DO-160E/F; DO-254; DO-178B/C
* -PLD development quality assurance
* -Basic electronic testing tools (oscilloscope, multi-meter)
* -Consciousness of the impact of the electronic design on the unit cost and part supply process (e.g. obsolescence)
* -Software-based development tools: Atlassian JIRA issue-tracking tool, Subversion/SVN revision control system, Geensoft Reqtify requirement management tool, Mentor Graphics ModelSim hardware development environment.
* -Experience in integration of Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Displays (AMLCD) is a plus.
* -Working knowledge of C/C++ programming language; experience with real-time system design and debugging, embedded software development tools.
* -Experience working within a formal quality control system which applies to process and manufacturing
* -Testing and trouble-shooting of electronic units or sub-assemblies
* -Plan and perform environmental qualification testing of electronic units
* -Manage PLD life-cycle per DO-254 process (requirement, design, testing, formal V&V process)
* -Provide Engineering support to Manufacturing and Customer Support
* -Responsible for the quality / cost /schedule of the electronic development work package
* -Failure to meet quality standards could end up in expensive and/or timely redesign
* -To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* -Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.