7 months ago
Senior eCommerce Technical Lead
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57139BR Date posted 11/21/City Charlotte
State North Carolina
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation.Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies?Our Digital Technology (DT) team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
The Senior e-commerce Technical Lead position will work on a cross-functional team to develop and maintain the UTC Aerospace Systems customer portal and related applications. The individual will be responsible for management and monitoring of the e-commerce environment and collaborating with Corporate and outsourced supplier resources responsible for the Web Hosting environment. Additionally, the position will include working directly with internal customers and development teams to deliver new solutions that provide a world class experience for our airline customers.
This position will require the individual to have the technical skills to troubleshoot production issues, plan for software upgrades and support implementations of new functionality. Additionally, the position will involve setting strategic technical direction for our e-commerce platforms; ensuring solutions make the best use of available technology to meet business needs.
* Support of existing e-commerce/Web Hosting environment
* Planning and supporting new software releases
* Working with Internal Customers to implement new functionality
* Coordination and support of software development with IT development resources
* Work with the development teams and solution architects to continually improve the system stability, performance and overall customer experience
Location: Windsor Locks, CT or Charlotte, NC
Required Experience/ Qualifications:
* Solid expertise in developing B2B eCOM solutions for enterprise application developed on Hybris/other J2EE Platform
* Very good experience with SAP integrations using Datahub, Back Office or any other technologies
* Experience implementing large scale enterprise applications.
* Familiarity with object oriented program and agile development.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to interface with development team and internal customers
* Hybris Certification
* Experience with onshore/offshore model.
* Knowledge on at least one leading e-commerce platform other than Hybris such as IBM WebSphere Commerce and Oracle ATG Commerce
* Knowledge on web infrastructure and application deployment processes
* Experience with Atlassian suite of tools
* Spring Framework, Linux and Apache experience
* Experience with cloud services and deployment
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical field preferred with 7+ years’ experience.
* Relevant technical certifications a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.