about 1 year ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
About L3 Technologies:
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems market and a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on both military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L3 Technologies employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide with reported 2015 sales of $10.5 billion.
About L3 WESCAM:
L3 WESCAM designs, develops and produces state-of-the-art multi-spectral and multi-sensor Electro Optic and Infrared (EO/IR) imaging and targeting sensor systems that provide unparalleled Intelligence /Surveillance/ Reconnaissance (ISR) capability to all branches of Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Airborne Law Enforcement and Search and Rescue worldwide. With over 3500 systems fielded worldwide, WESCAM products and systems can be found on over 135 platforms including fixed and rotary-wing aircraft and UAV airborne platforms, ground and surface vehicles and most recently, several marine-based platforms providing advanced maritime situational awareness capabilities.
Reporting to the Global Vice President of Sales and Business Development, and leading a global team of sales professionals, the Senior Director of International Sales will be responsible for the international expansion of the L3 WESCAM series of electro-optical and infrared sensor and situational awareness systems.
Through the identification, development and successful closing of sales opportunities with various government agencies and key foreign militaries, you will create a culture of success and establish the direction and cadence of our international sales team in the pursuit of achieving our forecast plan as L3 WESCAM expands into new business segments. Of those segments we anticipate to explore further, the marine/maritime markets (OEM shipbuilding domains, marine retro-fit markets) and land systems markets across the end-customer spectrum are key.
This role will allow you to build upon your deep relationships within the above business segments internationally with a proven and compelling technology solution, and to provide expert guidance and leadership to an international L3 WESCAM sales and business development team.
* Create a culture of success and continuing business and goal achievement to optimize the potential and productivity of the international sales organization, including organizational structure and staffing plans, as well as retention of key personnel.
* Implements sales objectives in alignment with overall department and corporate planning cycles and objectives
* Support international sales through collaboration with other L3 WESCAM operational units (Engineering, Bids & Proposals, Contracts, Program Management, etc)
* Establishes a prioritized training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies.
* Monitor and reinforce sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures.
* Drive international sales results to ensure established targets are being achieved in each region and takes corrective action where required, including revising strategies, modifying territorial coverage, dealing with specific performance problems, and other actions required in order to achieve projected targets.
* Understand the procurement, fiscal and regulatory environment internationally.
* Lead the overall strategy on Major Captures, including those involving multiple subcontractors, potentially other L3 divisions, over an extended period of pursuit.
* Carries out direct sales activities on major international accounts through personal contact, including negotiating pricing and other terms and conditions of sale to enhance retention and maximize our major account revenue potential.
* Oversee relationships with major international OEMs in support of L3 WESCAM Sales and strategic activities.
Additionally, this role will collaborate closely with L3 WESCAM Program Management and Customer Support teams as they direct the execution of existing business to ensure we “keep it sold” and position ourselves for follow-on business with existing customers.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
* Achievement of WESCAM international sales and strategic objectives.
* Achievement of the implementation of international sales organization-impacting initiatives.
* Accountable of the implementation of international sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
* Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
* Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the international sales organization.
Organizational Alignment and Key Relationships:
* Reports to the Vice President, Global Sales & Business Development – L3 WESCAM.
* Directly manage an internationally deployed sales team.
* Foster close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior stakeholders in the organization in support of international sales success.
Competencies, Abilities, Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical, Physics or other relevant technical field).
* MBA and/or Masters preferred
* 5-10 years of increasingly influential experience cultivating and managing sales teams in remote regions towards the achievement of winning business pursuits within the main branches of the defense/military/national security markets
* Broad general knowledge of the high-technology industry, preferably in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance industries, or industries supporting integrated systems in the Defense, Intelligence and National Security verticals.
* Possess a thorough understanding of the new business capture process and/or acquisition process, methods and techniques associated with either military/defense customers and/or OEM markets in the maritime / land / airborne systems verticals.
* Experience acting as either an operator, prime contractor or subcontractor for a large prime within the Defense, Intelligence and National Security verticals would be considered highly preferential
* Experience leading and/or influencing Business Development and Strategy functions, including capture teams, marketing personnel, pricing, bid and proposal development, and R&D.
* This position requires the individual to have, or be able to obtain NATO Secret Security Clearance,
* Ability to travel extensively to international customer sites, as well as to end user sites in selected markets.
* * L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 50 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam