9 months ago
The primary purpose of this role is to facilitate the company’s ambitious inorganic growth targets, including M&A, divestitures, partnerships, joint ventures, initial public offerings, and new lines of business. The position will have significant contact and interaction with the senior executives of the company and the owner, therefore strong skills in the area of executive communications, presentations, strategy and networking are a central requirement of the position. Various locations available for position to be located.
The Senior Director will engage in multiple areas in an effort to grow the business, including the identification, formulation, and management of an active M&A pipeline, provide consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing pro-forma P&Ls on acquisition targets, investment pitches to senior executives, and recommendations. The Senior Director will serve as a key point of contact between StandardAero and its owner, supporting opportunity identification and evaluation, due diligence process, valuation, contract review and negotiation, closing process and integration planning.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Identifies, evaluates and recommends new acquisition targets (builds and manages the M&A pipeline).
• Gathers initial information and supporting documents to build out the initial proforma to include historical and projected financials, growth opportunities, revenue and cost synergy opportunities, etc.
• Project manages all aspects of due diligence, closing and integration planning activities, partnering with both internal and external support. Coordinates functional findings, identifying dependencies, risks and costs, and compiles recommendations in timely submission of due diligence reports.
• Develops and supports detailed financial and valuation models for potential deals.
• Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, payroll, SG&A, and capital expenditures for targets.
• Projects multi-year EBITDA for all targets taking into consideration industry trends, margin expectations, future payroll, and synergies, as well as one-time integration costs and timing.
• Interacts directly with sellers management and advisors to better understand their business and obtain answers to key questions.
• BA/BS Degree with MBA, JD or another Master's degree strongly preferred.
• 5+ Years successful professional experience with a top consulting firm, investment bank, private equity/VC firm, or corporate M&A team.
• Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
• Excellent oral, written, and executive presentation and communication skills.
• Advanced financial modeling skills.
• Experience with using Microsoft Excel for creating detailed financial and analytical models, including complex formulas, macros, pivots, and conditional formatting and performing scenario analysis.
• Ability and willingness to travel 50%+.