about 1 year ago
American is in the business of serving the travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to our customer, people just like you. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people. Successful candidates will join a team of developers responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems in Customer Hub group at American Airlines. Candidates will participate in all phases of the development process from inception through transition. In addition, candidates will provide production support and be involved in maintenance and enhancement work. Candidates will use object oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects. This includes developing applications, which may interface with other systems. Candidates should be comfortable working in an environment committed to Service Oriented Architecture.
* The ideal candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering and at least 5 years of experience in the Java programming language.
* Candidates will gain experience working with technologies such as Spring, SOAP and REST web services, JSP, SQL, Oracle, Apache Tomcat, JMS and HTML.
* Candidates will also use Windows, Linux, or similar.
* Exposure to UML and the principles of Agile software development are desired.
* Candidates must be able to work well within a team environment as well as independently.
* Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 14776
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering