6 months ago
As a data scientist lead, you will set technical direction to support the development of data science solutions for commercial airplanes manufacturing, supply chain operations, and quality. In this role, you will provide technical leadership to a highly diverse and motivated applied data analytics team, whose goals are to leverage the power of data to increase the efficiency of our airplane programs and to enable the Boeing Company to leverage data as a strategic asset.
This team is housed within the core manufacturing organization, providing us with direct access to our internal customers and leading us to be closely aligned with business priorities. In partnership with management, you will work with our team to implement advanced modeling techniques and tools that will drive efficiency, improve cycle time, and reduce working capital for our manufacturing, supply chain, and quality organizations. Your focus will be on guiding the team to successful project completion and interfacing with customers to drive the adoption of data-driven solutions that will improve Boeing’s bottom line.
• Understand, the business objectives and
priorities of our internal customers and use analytics to create
efficiencies in our manufacturing/supply chain processes through
insightful data visualizations and models.
• Provide technical
leadership to our analytics team, leading projects from start to finish.
Work in collaboration with our project manager following agile project
management methods and communicate project progress to customer and
• Guide project teams through model identification,
design of data pipelines and the building of analytics solutions to be
embedded in our customers’ processes.
• Define key performance metrics to that maximize value to our customers.
• Leverage knowledge of our domain experts who will support and validate the value and usability of the tools developed.
To be successful in this role you will need to combine in-depth knowledge of analytics with a strong customer focus. Our teams will rely not only on your data science and business acumen skills, but also on your capability to lead analytics project teams towards success and tangible business results.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Manufacturing & Safety
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• 5plus years experience with data mining, process mining, statistical learning methods.
• 3plus years of experience in ML/ AI is required.
• Experience with data pipelines, model deployment platforms, model
maintenance and performance monitoring. Proficiency in data extraction,
blending, and manipulation
• Energetic, multi-tasking self-starter, and ability to deliver value quickly.
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills, ability to communicate with customers and stakeholders of all backgrounds.
• Technical bachelors degree preferred. A technical degree is defined as
any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or
information technology field of study.
• Previous experience in manufacturing/production analytics.
• Experience working with Big Data in a distributed computing environment (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Sqoop).
• Practical knowledge of the Cross-industry standard process for data mining (CRISP-DM) and/or Agile development methodologies.
• Programming experience in R or Python is highly desirable.
• SQL, Java, C#, C++, Scala programming experience is nice to have.
• Experience leading cross-functional team is highly desirable.
• Previous experience defining algorithms is a plus.
Contingent Upon Program Award