10 months ago
Senior Data Architect
Transat is an integrated company specializing in the organization, marketing, and distribution of holiday travel. The core of its business consists of tour operators in North America and Europe. Transat is also involved in air transportation, value-added services at travel destinations, and distribution through travel agency networks and Internet services.
In addition to defining Transat’s data and BI solution architecture, the data architect will actively contribute to all aspects of the company’s enterprise architecture that pertain to the information and analysis ecosystem. The incumbent will devise the organic architecture of solutions across all data-processing steps—namely, integration, preparation, and presentation—and use their experience to oversee the implementation of current best practices (e.g., structured and unstructured data lakes, data warehouses, Data Vault 2.0). This position calls for not only technical expertise but also the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and through presentations and documents. In addition, the successful candidate must possess a strong interest in the business-related aspects of their work. They will be stepping into a challenging role that requires delivering diverse, up-to-the-minute solutions in a fast-paced environment.
* Develop solution architecture by applying specialized technical data management expertise in databases, modelling, governance, development principles, and the integration of structured and unstructured data.
* Define the integration architecture of external data sources (e.g., Facebook, Google Analytics) in the context of a data management platform (DMP) deployment.
* Assist with implementing the BI strategy, identifying business requirements, developing and analyzing complex mappings, and establishing datamarts and dashboarding elements.
* Prototype and validate concepts.
* Initiate a dialogue with business stakeholders and work closely with the functional architect and business analysts.
* Make sure that database design and implementation meet the requirements for the volume, frequency, and long-term growth of the data.
* Oversee all technological and deployment solutions while ensuring high availability and disaster recovery planning.
* Provide leadership in the implementation of best practices.
* Draw up solution architecture documentation in collaboration with various project teams.
* Identify opportunities to promote the improvement of processes, governance, and standardization.
* University studies in computer science, information technology, or a related discipline
* Minimum of five years of experience as a data architect
* More than ten years of experience in IT
* Bilingual in French and English with impeccable verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interest in business and, ideally, an understanding of issues specific to the travel industry
* Proactivity, adaptability, and an eagerness to learn
* Analytical skills and proven problem-solving ability
* Results-oriented and engaged attitude
* IT background related to data architecture:
* Extensive data warehousing experience using the MS SQL system
* Up-to-date knowledge of best practices and current trends in data management
* Experience with document-type databases (e.g., MongoDB)
* Experience using analysis cubes and visualization tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau)
* Experience using a DMP (an asset)
* Experience using e-marketing platforms (an asset)
* Experience with predictive modelling (an asset)
* Knowledge of architecture documentation tools, principles, and methodologies
Location : Montreal Head Office / Downtown
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Information technology
Business segment : Head office
Business unit : Transat A.T. inc.
Job # : AT-17-361
End date of posting : 2018-02-22