12 months ago
The Senior Counsel – IP leads projects & initiatives with broad scope & high impact to the business as a recognized specialist in IP law, IP litigation, post-grant proceedings, & various enforcement & defense actions. The Senior Counsel – IP will be responsible for working collaboratively to define, manage & complete complex assignments that further the IP goals & objectives of the Aviation business.
The Senior Counsel – IP will be a leader in the planning, development, and execution of IP strategy, policies, and procedures for the various business and engineering functions within Aviation.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, you will:
* Provide strategic guidance on the growth of patent portfolios that strengthen the business’ competitive position in key markets
* Work to secure freedom-to-practice for future technology and product roadmaps of the business
* Provide counsel to the business on licenses, collaboration agreements and other third party
transactions impacting the protection, acquisition, transfer or other disposition of IP rights
* Lead investigations into encroachments of Aviation’s IP rights and counsel on potential enforcement actions
* Counsel the business on evolving developments in global IP law, recommending policy / process changes as needed to achieve business goals and efficiencies
* Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in IP practice in a major law firm
* Member in good standing to a state bar within the United States
* A minimum of 6-7 years of experience in IP practice in a major law firm is preferred
* Significant experience in key IP activities — fact investigations, witness interviewing, infringement / invalidity contentions, expert analyses and reports, post-grant proceedings, depositions and / or trials
* Experience with negotiating and documenting IP transactions, licenses, and / or dispute settlements
* Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field or Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics from an accredited university or college
* Demonstrated understanding and command of U.S. patent and trade secret laws and of United States Patent and Trademark Office practices and procedures
* Preferably admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
* Additional experience handling a wide variety of patent and trade secret matters including protection of rights
* Facility with working collaboratively with management and business teams to solve complex IP problems
* Demonstrated thought leadership, organizational skills and business judgment
* Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, charisma, decisiveness, poise
* Strong written communication skills, especially persuasive writing
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.