about 1 year ago
The Lavatories & Water Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories and Water Waste Systems Advanced Lavatory is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories and Water Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Cost Accountant in our Lavatories & Water Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Controller the Cost Accountant applies principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems.
* Manages inventory and related work order systems including physical to perpetual to general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, audit explanations, and standard costs.
* Manages periodic requirements of manufacturing systems to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins and provides meaningful analysis of results.
* Manages preparation and execution of annual standard cost roll.
* Manages processes involving establishment of standard costs of new parts, and review and analysis of standard costs for existing parts.
* Analyzes the of purchase price variance general ledger account.
* Audits cycle count activity, selection of items to be counted, recount decisions, research of discrepancies, and reports on root causes and progress toward making improvements for greater quantity and physical accuracy.
* Prepares, reviews and distributes daily absorption report and compares with forecast.
* Provides cost support to cross functional areas as requested.
* Provides product cost information utilized in month end financial closing.
* Performs reporting activities throughout the month on margins, absorption, PPV and other metrics to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins.
* Directs development of and reviews cost analysis reports and works with manufacturing department heads to formulate corrective actions.
* Maintains the DSI time keeping system for the business unit.
* Maintains the integrity and accuracy of product cost data.
* Updates and distributes program costing on a monthly basis.
* May supervise and/or mentor other members of the cost accounting staff.
* Prepares account reconciliations.
* Performs monthly closing activities including preparation and approval of journal entries.
* Assists in SOX compliance audits, internal and external audits.
* Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, procedures and controls associated with cost accounting.
* Ensures JDE system integrity and accuracy of general ledger and cost accounting data.
* Provides support for bids on new contracts.
* Manages cost accounting requirements in support of sales & marketing and customer service sales quotation process.
* Performs product cost and profitability analysis related to customer RFQ process.
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs reporting and analysis of costs and gross margins related to customer booking.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a four-year college or university is required; in addition to a minimum of five years experience.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills
* Prior in-depth experience working with an ERP suite-of-tools required.
* JD Edwards or SAP experience a plus.
* CPA preferred.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.