9 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Senior Category Specialist – Strategic Procurement
WestJet has announced its plan to launch a new Canadian ultra-low-cost-carrier (ULCC), Swoop, by mid-2018. To support this next evolution we are hiring a Senior Category Specialist.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategic Procurement, the ideal candidate will bring proven procurement experience within the Commercial Airline Industry to manage assigned strategic categories including, airport operations, technical operations to support the Boeing NG737 fleet, onboard provisioning, uniforms, IT software and software services, marketing, people services and other corporate service categories as assigned. The successful candidate will be a diverse and well-rounded procurement professional responsible to effectively manage day-to-day strategic procurement activities related to sourcing, contract negotiations, contracting writing, category management, supplier performance, cost savings tracking, risk mitigation and the development of collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Independently manage and lead strategic sourcing activities within assigned categories, including scope development with internal stakeholder inputs, creation of RFx documentation, proposal evaluations and financial analysis;
* Guide internal stakeholders on the development of solid business requirements and scopes of work, including documentation of specific deliverables and acceptance criteria;
* Lead supplier negotiations to drive high value, cost effective solutions to WestJet and ensure products and services meet WestJet’s needs through contractual agreements;
* Consult with internal stakeholders to ensure the mitigation of risk to WestJet through solid contractual terms and conditions and identify/communicate potential impacts where risk is contemplated;
* Lead the ongoing management of existing contracts within the assigned categories, including contract amendments, revisions to scope, pricing adjustments and changes to commercial terms;
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders to prepare and facilitate business reviews with key suppliers to drive strategic alignment, develop performance goals, implement improvement initiatives, and create additional supply chain value to WestJet;
* Effectively use available procurement tools and systems to manage sourcing and contract activity, drive accuracy of reporting and perform end-to-end contract lifecycle management, including contract administration and maintenance;
* Establish, maintain, and foster internal stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organization;
* Develop and implement global category supply strategies using procurement experience, judgment, and industry knowledge;
* Identify areas of opportunity for strategic sourcing initiatives, cost improvement, supplier optimization, spend consolidation and resolve supplier issues to ensure an ongoing supply of quality, cost-effective products and services to WestJet;
* Report all cost savings results in an accurate and timely manner to ensure accurate monthly and quarterly reporting;
* Willingness and a passion for “Wearing multiple hats” and doing what needs to be done to support the team
* Mentor, coach and demonstrate leadership to other category specialists and internal business stakeholders in best-in-class procurement and supply chain practices;
* Ensure compliance to all regulatory, procurement and corporate policies and procedures;
* Collaborate with senior procurement leadership to create, drive, and implement initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of departmental processes.
* Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in strategic procurement with overall procurement experience of +10 years;
* Advanced negotiation and contract knowledge, including contract law, contract review, contract writing, developing service level agreements;
* Strong professional communication skills: written and verbal;
* Strong interpersonal skills, organizational and problem solving to drive a collaborative and effective team environment;
* Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks of varying complexity and prioritize work to meet deadlines;
* Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and delegate effectively;
* Strong change management, business acumen, organizational and problem-solving skills;
* Team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
* Highly motivated, energetic and goal-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment;
* Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
* Knowledge of e-sourcing and spend analysis programs an asset;
* Recognized Diploma at a College/Technical School, Commerce and or Business degree or equivalent; MBA an asset;
* SCMP designation or equivalent an asset;
* Transportation industry experience and/or working in a low cost business environment an asset.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.