6 months ago
The primary responsibility of the Buyer – OWSS will be to monitor / review requirements based on IMP’s Selection Notice and Priority Summary (SNAPS) and action Special Instruction (SPIN) based on an established induction forecast. The position requires liaison with Department of National Defence (DND) for arrangements of transportation of Repairable components from Main Operating Bases (MOBs) into IMP’s Subcontractors. Notify the Sub-Contractor of the incoming shipments. Review quotes for best value and ensure all costs captured is within the Maximum Repair Cost (MRC). Provide Purchase Orders to authorize the induction of components into the repair lines with value within the MRC. Provide options to stakeholders and recommendation to maximize Budget and components availability. The position also carries out all required aspects of the procurement function for the acquisition of aerospace supply items; ensuring value is maximized at all times and that all supplies and parts are ordered in accordance with specifications as provided by requestor. The Buyer - OWSS is a main member of an integrated team supporting DND operations. During demanding periods required to support in-house aircraft programs as well.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Ensure all parties are aware of the arrangements required for the shipment/delivery of all assigned aircraft repairable components to/from the applicable sub-contractor repair facility and shipment/delivery to the Canadian Forces Supply System (CFSS)
* Monitors and reports on repair sub-contractor performance (i.e. turnaround time, quality of work, etc.)
* Monitor and respond to CFSS usage data by recommending procurement action to maintain stocking levels; raise Priority Repair Requests (PRRs) for urgently required spares on contractor repair lines and make recommendations to dispose of obsolete or surplus stock
* Take appropriate action to resolve and expedite outstanding PRRs from sub-contractor repair facilities and then advise MOBs of repair item status
* Review customer requests for quote (RFQ) and purchase orders, review quotes from suppliers
* Research potential suppliers
* Determine economic order quantities, sources and methods.
* Prepare and release requests for quote (RFQ) and negotiate procurement terms and conditions with suppliers
* Prepare purchase orders for approval and release purchase orders up to approved signing authority
* Monitor and report suppliers’ performance with the aim to recommend and implement ways to reduce Turn Around Time (TAT) and procurement costs
* Review and, where appropriate, recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures
* Participate in Materiel Review Boards (Quality Assurance), departmental and program review meetings as required
* Understand and communicate with suppliers regarding moderately complex Aerospace drawings and specifications
* Receive internal and external training as required
* Provide oral and written reports and correspondence as required, internal and external
* Carry out special assignments as required.
* Advise all Stake Holders on the procurement and distribution of goods and services necessary to support the fleet
* Work effectively with parts Buyers, Asset Managers and Materiel support representatives (internal and external) to ensure all assigned aircraft repairable components are responsively replenished to avoid High Priority Requirements (HPRs) and stock-out situations
* Liaise effectively with Canadian Forces (CF) base/depot supply personnel, and on-site CF representatives
* Convene and attend meetings with colleagues, supervisors and management to aid in resolution of materiel supply problems
* Management of assigned stock codes and changes to the SNAP list
* Proactive management of stock levels, distribution and logistics
* Carry out investigations to determine causes for repetitive materiel supply problems and initiate or recommend corrective actions
* Read, understand, comply with, and suggest improvements for all inventory-related company procedures and directives
* Satisfy customers in a professional manner and perform other functions as required
* 5 to 7 years procurement experience or relevant military supply management experience
* Highly proficient in MS Office Suite of applications
* Experience with MRP/ERP systems (e.g. JD Edwards, PeopleSoft., etc)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proven organizational ability and an aptitude for working with numbers
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Strong influencing skill and the ability to meet objectives working with colleagues
* Ideally, an undergraduate degree or College diploma in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Management and 5 to 7 years relevant experience in purchasing/procurement ideally in the aerospace and / or aviation industries; or equivalent experience in a similar type of complex and dynamic technical environment and education or relevant military supply management experience (not required but beneficial)
* Professional Logistics (P. Log) or Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or working towards designation would be beneficial
* Working knowledge of the Canadian Forces Supply System (CFSS) Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS) would be beneficial.
* Use of MRP/ERP systems and/or strong working knowledge of JD Edwards would be considered an asset.
* Skill in using MS Office for spreadsheet analysis and MS Outlook communications.
* The ideal candidate would have the qualities of a good team member, keen problem solving and organization abilities.
* Familiarity or experience with aerospace purchasing and inventory management an asset.
* Respect for accuracy and detail.
* Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Works Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Transport Canada security clearances
* All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearance
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.