6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality, and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Supply Chain team at United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) has an immediate opening for a highly motivated candidate to support the supply chain efforts for development programs. The Senior Buyer will be an integral part of bringing new platforms into revenue service. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a wide array of supply chain related projects and interface with a large variety of people and functional areas of the business.
* Provide delivery assurance and cost management and use their experience and industry-leading tools to ensure 100% on-time delivery and quality.
* Prepare Request for Quotes (RFQ's), participate in negotiations and issue Purchase Orders (PO's) in a timely manner.
* Time management skills and the ability to handle high volumes of work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
* Be an Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) participant and advocate.
* Participate in ACE/Continuous improvement events and activities such as Value Stream Mapping or Kaizen events.
* Four to seven years of experience in procurement, sourcing and supply chain management.
* Excellent business acumen and communications skills.
* Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
* Strong project management and supplier management skills
* Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
* Knowledge of MRP and experience with major ERP systems. SAP experience a plus.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Understanding of contract structure, business terms, and conditions
* Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Project and MRP/ERP systems
* Thorough knowledge of Project Management
* Must be able to perform well in a team environment and be highly motivated
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Strong people/interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent organization skills
* Work independently, remain calm under pressure and deal with ambiguity
* Experience in the Aerospace industry.
* Contract negotiation experience.
* SAP proficiency.
* Knowledge of Continous Improvement.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Economics, or Operations Management required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.