9 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Purchasing
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Position Title: Senior Buyer
Purchase materials and services to achieve continuous improvement of supplier delivery performance, cost reductions, quality enhancement and meet High Performance Work Team objectives. Scope includes the management of the procurement of components but may also include additional supply of direct and indirect material, services and capital investment. Lead purchasing team in a coordinated effort to manage exceptions and achieve department, plant, Division and individual goals. The Senior Buyer will also be responsible for helping train and mentor other team members to improve their skill sets.
• Identify, champion and implement key purchasing and High Performance Work Team initiatives to achieve business goals based on safety, quality, delivery, cost, inventory and people.
• Coordinate sourcing strategies and supplier rationalization initiative with Aerospace Commodity Management to insure both plant and High Performance Work Team goals are achieved.
• Participate in problem-solving efforts to resolve rejections (MRB) and supplier corrective action teams.
• Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management.
• Ensure compliance with applicable contract flow-downs (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc.).
• Negotiate all commercial disputes with suppliers to include pricing, obsolescence claims, quality cost impact, etc.
• Coordinate purchasing efforts with Customer Service, Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials Management, New Product Development and Quality Assurance.
• Strong Microsoft Office skill sets required
• Be an active participant of a cross functional High Performance Work Team.
• Understand quality system processes that include a working knowledge of counterfeit prevention policies and procedures.
• Work with suppliers to develop continuous improvement plan in regards to On Time Delivery (OTD) and Defects Per Parts per Million (DPPM).
• Recovery costs for non-conformance from suppliers
• Lead special projects and organizational development plans as directed by Senior Leadership.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Possesses sound knowledge and applications skills of the value chain process; and possesses strong ability to analyze and interpret cost drivers when developing cost out strategies.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management/Operations, or other related discipline from an accredited institution
• Minimum 3 years of procurement experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• This position requires the incumbent to apply analytical and problem-solving skills, which includes a strong knowledge of supply chain and purchasing problem solving tools. Incumbent should possess statistical tools application skills.
• This position drives value by defining problems and eliminating root causes, and creates supply chain solutions for process improvements.
• This position has expert knowledge of commodity management including vendor selection, purchasing, performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
• This position exhibits expert communications for internal and external customer interactions.
• This position may require travel to suppliers to resolve delivery and commercial issues.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
North America, United States, Florida, Sarasota
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years