10 months ago
For the past 60 years Moog has developed the capability to design and manufacture the most advanced motion control and fluid flow products for both aerospace and industrial applications. Moog’s high performance actuation components provide precision motion control for a variety of systems. From military and commercial aircraft to satellites and tactical missiles.
If it’s got to move, Moog’s team of engineers and technicians
can make it happen.
Moog currently has a great opportunity for qualified technicians to join our Aircraft Group as a Senior Assembler/Technician
What your day to day will look like…
Senior Assembler/Technicians perform various precision assembly and test operations on hydraulic, pneumatic, and electromechanical valves, actuators and systems requiring a high degree of technical skill and ability.
* Assembly activity utilizes a variety of mechanical measuring equipment such as dial indicators, calipers and precision micrometers to obtain proper build requirements.
* Test activity requires the use of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic test equipment, fixtures and tools. Test activity requires foresight and considerable judgment in determining problem areas. Test equipment is used to a more complex degree.
* Sets up hydraulic fixturing and electronic measuring equipment utilizing auxiliary monitoring devices. (e.g., transducers, strain gages, high temperature thermocouples, flow meters, cameras, etc.)
* Performs "prototyping" or pre-production testing on new units, as required.
* Works from assembly drawings, worksheets, parts lists, test specifications, and other instructions, both written and oral.
* Maintains dimensional accuracy on assemblies through the use of torque wrenches, fixtures, tooling and gauging.
* Works in concert with Product Engineering in diagnosing and proposing the necessary rework on models that are intricate in structure and design.
* Frequently required to work closely with engineering to innovate testing procedures and suggest changes in worksheet processes.
* Cleans components to required cleanliness levels.
* Maintains traceability records, MDC forms and configuration records on controlled programs.
* May be required to work on repair units normally run with production units.
* Positively contribute to the teamwork environment in terms of productivity, initiative, cooperation, data collection and attitude.
* On occasion, the Senior Assembler/Technician may be required to travel to customer facilities and service Moog hardware.
"In accordance with strict Federal Aviation Agency (F.A.A.) regulations regarding Safety Sensitive Work (S.S.W.), employee enrollment & participation in the company’s "F.A.A. Drug & Alcohol Program" is a requirement for this position."
Minimum Qualifications to be Eligible:
* Must have a two year technical degree + at least 3 years of Moog Assembly & Test experience
* Must have High School Diploma or GED + four years experience in assembly complex metal or electrical components + at least 3 years of Moog Assembly & Test experience
* Must have no less than 3-5 years of Moog Assembly & Test experience.
* Ability to read and interpret technical data and drawings (blueprints)
* Must have strong mathematical skills and ability to use various types of adjustable measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometer.
* Must be able to pass a technical exam
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran