about 1 year ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks a Senior API Engineer to help lead the company in developing and implementing its API first Architecture and lead the focus on the API platform as a key individual of the API CoE.
You will have a critical role as the company continues to expand its existing products as well as roll out new software. You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced agile environment. Must have the ability to take on projects and areas of responsibility and own them with minimal supervision.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Designing and implementing Apigee Edge on-prem platform for both internal and external access
- Scaling, sizing, and managing performance of the Apigee Edge platform
- Achieve and maintain very high availability levels for the platform
- Perform regular updates to keep the platform up to date
- Work with the product vendor on issue resolution and enhancements
- Develop and maintain automated scripts to manage the environment
- Support DevOps activities for teams working in an Agile development framework
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 7+ years of middleware and systems engineering in a high availability environment
- 3+ years of operational and development experience in Apigee Edge
- Strong knowledge of scripting tools and infrastructure automation methods
- Strong knowledge of web services technology and security standards
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus
- Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize)
Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients.
Delta develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.