11 months ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks a Senior API Designer.
The Senior API Designer will report to the Manager of API CoE. You will help lead the company in developing and implementing its API first Architecture and lead the focus on the API platform as a key individual of the API CoE.
You will have a critical role as the company continues to expand its existing products as well as roll out new software. You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced agile environment. Must have the ability to take on projects and areas of responsibility and own them with minimal supervision.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Advance Delta's API Center of Excellence design standards and best practices
- Promote API design standards and best practices through the company by providing trainings and workshops
- Works simultaneously and closely with several development teams providing consultancy on API design ensuring the implementation of our standards
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 7+ years of API and web services development experience using Java and Spring
- 3+ years of experience designing Restful APIs using API description tools such as Swagger, RAML, API Blueprint, etc.
- Solid understanding of SOA/REST architecture and REST maturity models
- Strong knowledge of API security standards, including oAuth2.0/OpenIDConnect
- Strong experience using cloud base services (PaaS) for application deployment
- Strong experience in continuous integration (CI) using Jenkins for timely builds, code coverage, running test.
- Strong experience using software development tools such Git, Ant, and Maven.
- Strong database experience in Oracle 8/9i/10g with good programming skills in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Strong consulting focus. Must be able to consult multiple development teams guiding them on API design best practices
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus
- Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize)
- Proven experience working with an API Management platform
- Strong analytical capabilities to translate requirements into development
- Proven experience developing native cloud apps
Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients.
Delta develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.